Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

aglb

1. This old shrinking body is about to come out!

Haven't even hit my 3 month surgery anniversary but I will the day I leave on vacation! Going on a cruise next week. I have lost 40 pounds, including 6 on pre-op liquids, and with clothes, I feel great & love how I feel in my pants & long sleeve shirts. But as we all know, summer / vacation is a different story! Feeling pretty self conscious about wearing shorts, swimsuits etc. because even with 40 pounds off (plus 30 lost over the 1 1/2 years prior to the surgery) things aren't necessarily ...
  2. A visit to the dietitian for reassurance & a NSV

Just a week and a half shy of 3 months post op. Went to see my dietitian with a list of questions - felt like I was losing slow & wanted to make sure I am doing all I can. I was down 12 lb from just over a month ago & she is very pleased. She spent the majority of my visit listening & reassuring. Doesn't want me to go below 80 or 90 in carbs, wants me up consistently to 800 calories daily or more if I am exercising. Is perfectly happy with the 60-74 grams of protein I am taking ...
  3. 2 1/2 months update - and mentoring a friend.

I am 2 1/2 months post and see so many posts at 1, 2, & 3 weeks post op asking if it gets better. It does!! Down about 37 pounds (6 pre-op) feel great, I often forget I had this surgery until I sit down & see my little containers for lunch. I spent time every other day packing little containers so I know what I am eating & can grab them easily when it is time to eat something. Fortunately I am not making dinner for anyone else most the time. I am on the treadmill 4 days a week, just ...
  4. 8 weeks - loss has been slooooooooowwwwwwww still glad I did it but what the *^&!

Sleeved just over 8 weeks ago. I am the poster child for compliance. Pre-op diet starting weight (dressed) 207 - only lost 6 pounds on pre-op diet (this should have been my first clue that things were going to be slow) - again, I followed my pre-op diet to the "t" - never deviating - period. Day of Surgery, 201 (or 199 at home minus clothes) - I am now at 176 (minus clothes) which is 23 pounds since surgery (total of 29 pounds since pre-op diet) which all started October ...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234