Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BladeFox

1. You Must Be Inventive!

I am six day out of surgery and it has been five days that I have had to manage my vitamin, water, and food intake, yet, I have not been hungry. What I have been is bored so now I am trying to be inventive with my sad full-liquid items

This morning I took my homemade chicken broth and was pondering what could I make that would keep me on the full-liquid and would satisfy my taste buds. So...I decided to boil some broth and use that in place of water for my cream of wheat. YUM ...
  2. What Does a Food Funeral Look Like?

Lately, I have been reading how people are having serious food funerals. I have had a few but not on the GREAT scale. It is more like I want to eat some enchaladas with spanish rice, so I eat about three of them and a bowl of spanish rice. Then I want some ice cream, so I will go to DQ and get a small cone. Next, I want a Gyro, so I go and get one OR I want something sweet, so I will go and get a sticky pecan bun from Starbucks. I think my food funerals are minimal because it's not all day ...
  3. Interesting How Family Works

Yesterday, was my husband's birthday so we went to The Original Pancake House, his favorite place to celebrate. Over breakfast I made a family announcement and shared with our teens that my surgery is real and planned for Wednesday, March 19. So they began to ask tons of questions and they both want to take off from school to support me, which I am fine with. However, I watched my daughter get a bit sad when talking about it and realized that she had greater concerns about this surgery. She ...
  4. I Must Admit Something

So, I had been calm until this week and WOW how I have realized that I have little patience with my teens, everything is making me somewhat annoyed and it feels like the days are super long leading up to GO LIVE! I think I am nervous and antsy. I never thought I would say that. I need to process with my husband what is getting ready to happen or someone. My husband is supportive but doesn't like to talk about it much and I need to talk. I think it is his way of dealing with a major surgery ...
  5. Trying to Keep Up

Admittantly, my husband is one of the main reasons why I need to lose this weight. This is new because before him my list was and is that I need to lose weight because my knees creak and hurt from sitting to standing and my hips hurt from moving and I'm on an anti depressant, and two blood pressure meds, PLUS, diabetes and heart desease runs in our family. However, over the past couple of years I have added the need to keep up with my husband.

See, my husband has been running for ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast