Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

It is normal to fluctuate 5 pounds weather sleeved or not...just bodily functions and fluctuations. After you get to goal your body will need time to adjust to find the happy spot. This can be 5 to 20 lbs of your goal either direction. If you carefully maintain your weightloss for 1 year this helps to give your body it's new "set point" The new weight it likes to default to. You can gain weight, it's not rocket science, drinking high calorie and Ice cream are probably the fastest way to gain. I still avoid drinking my calories and that has made it possible to maintain for almost 4 years now. If I gain a little more then 5 lbs I feel it in my clothes size. ( my jeans start getting too tight) that's when I cut back for a week or two and it comes off pretty quickly. Hope you find this helpful! Love Rainbow
    Joe Klecko, is that you?
    (Just kidding, he used to be an excellent defensive lineman for the Jets)

20 lbs under your goal weight? Could it possibly be you aren't getting enough calories/proper nutrition?
    I see you take a B12 and a B (multi-vitamin?), so it probably isn't that.

Maybe do a search on what vitamin deficiencies can affect your energy level especially taking a close look at what vitamins people who have had bariatric surgery sometimes are more deficient in. Also, your daily nutrition (protein, carbs, etc.).

Are you on any meds that might be contributing to this or under any significant mental stress or have any sleep issues (like sleep apnea)?

Good luck, I hope you find the answer soon.
    Hi, congratulations on your success! I also landed about 20 lbs under goal! I am 41/2 years out. I struggle with dehydration at times but my nutrition level is great also! But by 6 pm I am ready for bed! I used to be a bit of a night owl and hated waking up in the morning but now my eyes pop right open and its easier to get up ( I like that part) But come evening, I have the SAME problem I suspected as you that it has something to do with my sleeve but my Dr just shook his head and said welcome to middle age! I find I rely more on coffee for the needed pick me up! Also a good concentrated carb can give me a boost, resting for 10 to 20 minutes sometimes recharges my batteries. I have come to the conclusion that when I first dropped the weight it FELT so much better not lugging around the weight that I felt 20 years younger but as time went by and I got used to the smaller me, it became more clear I was physically writing checks my body could not cash! Just because I now Felt like a spring chicken, my body tells me no you are not! Good luck to you and if you find something helpful please pass it on! Love Rainbow
    And for yet another idea ... what gives us energy?

Carbohydrates!

The fact that you're 20 pounds under your goal makes me wonder if it's time for you to develop a maintenance diet (and by "diet" I simply mean the food that you eat).

A few weeks ago I had a particularly rigorous 6-day biz trip and was standing, teaching, presenting a lot. At that point I was only 9 weeks post-op and was, naturally, eating mostly protein. However, during that trip, I also sipped diluted apple juice throughout the work day. That helped boost my energy level tremendously.

Bottom line -- if what's been working for you isn't working for you anymore, try something new. Perform science. Experiment and see what happens.

Best wishes to you.
    Are you taking in enough protein as well? I would log all fluid and protein for a week and make sure you are getting enough of both as sometimes we 'think' we are doing great when in fact we are under limits. Good luck.
    I would suggest you check out some of the bariatric strength vitamins, I know you said your blood work is good but they may have additional supplements specially formulated for the needs of bariatric patients. I like "Nutrametrix" vitamins, bariatric advantage, and celebrate vitamins personally. I'm 51 and just as energetic as I was in my 20s and 30s. Also make sure you are getting your fluids in as bariatric patients we are easily susceptible to dehydration which can make you feel lethargic, shaky, and dizzy.

The sleeve surgery was the best decision I've ever made. This site/forum is great and full of helpful advice and supportive people. Best of luck in your journey.
    Way to rock that sleeve!!
    That's awesome! Glad you are living and loving life to the fullest!
    Congrats. Good stuff.
    Congratulations! My guy had the sleeve surgery about 6 months before I did it. He has lost about 80 pounds and I know what you mean when you say, "New me". There is ummmm. more to love.
    Awesome success! Congratulations!!
    Continued success! The best part if that you love you! It's a great journey
    Whit Wooo!!! Well done!!! Keep up the good work! x
    Awesome job- congratulations!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScouterJim
    Great work. Can I point out though, if you had surgery on January 22 you are only 5 months out not 6. That means you did it all even faster than you thought! Congrats on the healthy new you.
    WOW Even better. Didn't even realize it was 5 not 6. I wrote on calander wrong. Can't wait for 2nd 6 month anniversary.....lol
    Congrats!!! Great job!
    You look great! So handsome! ☺️☺️
    Congratulations! Awesome update!
    Great work. Can I point out though, if you had surgery on January 22 you are only 5 months out not 6. That means you did it all even faster than you thought! Congrats on the healthy new you.
    Awesome! What a great feeling, you look hot!!! Many congrats!
    Awesome! Keep up the good work:-)
    You look fantastic and good luck with this wonderful journey.
    You are doing fantastic. I am right behind you, but I think you are doing better. I was 280 when I started. It's always good to see someone similar to you and their success. Thanks for sharing.
    Great job!
    I am off all meds. I am bad at tracking liquid, calorie and protein intake. I'm going to have to do a journal for a week or so to track everything.
    I had this same issue- and still feel sluggish, A LOT.

What is your daily protein and calorie intake? I was told to increase both of mine and it helped.
    I was also tired all the time. At two months out I complained to my regular Doctor. She told me to stop all my blood pressure pills. Before surgery I had been taking two a day. By two months I was down to a half pill. Within a couple of days the tiredness got better. Maybe it's a medicine problem?
    For the first few months after surgery I was dead tired by 8:30 and would go to bed. My body was telling me it needed more rest so I listened. Its better now but I'm still ready to go to bed by 10:30-11:00.
    Maybe you need more sleep? I do ok on 8 hours, but 10 hours is the best for me. Sounds like your keeping up on everything else -- fluids? You didn't mention those - make sure your getting your water in.

Best Wishes!
    Choices will always get you, especially non-protein which goes down too easily, but watch out for drinking before/during/after eating. That's (both) how I put on 15 pounds in January, still struggling to get off the last 7. I dropped weight rapidly in the first six months post-op, but very slow now, though it'll come off if I do the right thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast