View RSS Feed

janetm

1. Interesting article - Artificial sweeteners linked to obesity epidemic

2. birthday today ... almost 10 months since surgery

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0011.JPG 
Views:	800 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	20883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0009.JPG 
Views:	833 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	20884

The best present I gave myself this year was my sleeve. I've lost 96 lbs. - still have a few more to lose but I am feeling fabulous. Here's a picture taken almost a year ago last September at my son's wedding. I knew then that it was time to do something. I had been considering the sleeve surgery and when I returned home after the wedding celebrations I booked myself for the next month and was sleeved on November 4th. ...
  3. Some recent pics ...

Name:	DSC_2787.JPG 
Views:	877 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	20095 - September 2003

My husband took some pics the other day. He knew I wasn't seeing the dramatic changes that have occurred over the past few months. The scale is moving down very slowly ... when it moves at all. But I can see (with my sweet man's help) that inches are disappearing. I just want to share ... what everyone says about taking measurements is a good idea. It will help you get through the slow times.

Name:	DSC_0012.JPG 
Views:	835 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	20091Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0014.JPG 
Views:	833 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	20092Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0015.JPG 
Views:	853 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	20093 ...
  4. Back from 16 day vacation and 5 lbs down!!!!!

I can't believe it! 16 days away and I lost weight - the sleeve is working for me!

I was sleeved at the beginning of November and this is the first vacation since then. I am self-employed and work from home so having full control of what I eat has been easy for me. I generally have what I need in the fridge and pantry so this 16 days away from my controlled environment was a test for me. I visited friends and family so had to have meals that were, for the most part provided.
  5. 70 lbs. lost!! Yahoo!!! ... Pictures attached

Well ... I thought it was time to upload some pictures since today I hit the 70 lbs. lost mark!

My surgery was on Novemebr 4/14. After a rough start I finally settled into life with my new sized stomach and things have been going pretty well since the beginning of January. I've weathered a few stalls and expect there will be more to get through before I reach my goal (150 lbs.). I am so happy to have made the "sleeve" decision. Having struggled for years (I have been overweight ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast