Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kenson

1. Three Years Ago Today!

Today is my three year surgiversary! I cannot believe that it has been three years since I had my gastric sleeve surgery. My life has changed exponentially! I am no longer a hermit, staying in the house. I am out in the world, traveling (recently returned from Dubai), meeting friends and really enjoying my life. As I said in previous blogs, I decided that I would follow what my surgeon and his team told me to do to the letter. I really think that’s why I have not had any problems. As my surgeon ...
  2. Two Years Out!

Tomorrow marks my second anniversary since I had my gastric sleeve surgery. I am in shock that this time has arrived already. My life has changed exponentially since my surgery. A little background. Like many, I had struggled with my weight my entire life. I had tried many diets, worked out and was a faithful Weight Watchers member for 10+ years. I lost 50 pounds with WW twice. At some point, WW stopped working for me. I continued going to meetings because it was such a big part of my life, ...
  3. One Year Ago Today

One year ago today I had my gastric sleeve surgery. Once I made up my mind to have the surgery, I did not let anyone or anything try to change my mind. My cousin, who had the surgery the previous August, came from CT, and drove me to the hospital. She stayed with me the entire time and has been my biggest supporter and cheerleader. As I type this, I cannot believe how much my life has changed. My starting weight was 240 pounds. I was becoming a recluse. I didn’t want to be around my friends, ...
  4. It's Been Awhile!

Where has the time gone? I have no idea. Its been a wonderful ride, that I can tell you. Not too much to report other than I am still loving my sleeve. Thankful that I was allowed to have this surgery. I have been given my life back and it gets no better than that! My current stats are: starting weight 240, current weight is 161. My personal goal is 155, but honestly, if I don't get there, I am just fine right where I am.

I continue to follow the guidelines outlined by my NUT and ...
  5. Six Month Appointment--I Got Another Award!

Hi All,
    I had my six month appointment today. I am down 61 pounds total! I received another keychain. This is a silver one for losing 20% of my weight. My doctor is so pleased with my progress. He said that I am doing tremendously well. Getting sleeved is THE BEST thing that I have ever done in my life, hands down. It has given me back my life. I feel better in every aspect of my life physically and emotionally.

I spoke with the NUT. I always get concerned when I hear ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	927 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	20354  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast