Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I have one by my belly button do u think they will fix that?
    LOL, that made me laugh about your husband and the bbq chicken. It reminded me of when I had a colonoscopy done, he made bbq brisket. I wanted to pop him then too. I just shared this story with him and asked him if it reminded him of anything, he just laughed and walked off. MEN! LOL
    Same here - found my hiatal hernia during the EGD and fixed it during my surgery. =)
    It sure was a surprise to me, as I don't have any type of symptoms, pain, etc. The doctor said most people don't even realize that they have one!
    Yeah. They found one when the did my EGD as well, and diagnosed me with reflux I didn't know I had! Been treated as an asthmatic for years and turns out it was likely reflux all along. Now, with proper treatment it's getting better.
    Hi, most likely its a parasophigial hiatial hernia. I had one too. It's a quick fix while they're in there. It's nice to have it fixed. Less heartburn!
    I already had a Cardiologist so this was not a big deal. When I came in they did the normal EKG, blood pressure check and medication list check ( again ). Then I had my yearly ECHO. It was already know that I had a few floppy valves and they were not changed. This was part of the reason I was doing the surgery in the first place. When I told the Doctor I was having weight loss surgery he was very happy for me. Cleared me with no problems. I am now almost 4 months out and 85lbs lighter. I saw my Cardiologist yesterday for the followup ECHO and guess what? Moderately floppy valves were now only showing trace and some disappeared entirely. When he saw me, his jaw about hit the floor. ( Just the reaction I was wanting.) He was so pleased.....we broke up. No more Cardiologist until a 5 year ECHO check unless I have problems. Good luck to you in your journey.
    Thank you all so much! I feel so much better from reading everyone's comments!
    Like Tls66, my cardio did an EKG, but wanted to do a stress test to make sure that when it came time for exercise after surgery there were no issues and I could go at it full force, lol. Driven I think by my age (45). Nothing to be worried about, and if there are issues now is when you need to know.
    my "cardiology" exam was an ekg done at my dr's office and submitted to the surgeon (Bc it was normal, i didn't need anythign further). not sure what regular cardiology exam would entail but i know you can get through it to get to the other side! : )
    I had my cardio visit and they did EKG, it came back fine, but still did a treadmill stress test as well. They just want to make sure your heart is up for surgery.
    They'll do an EKG. If that comes back okay, many will give clearance for surgery. Some may want a treadmill stress test just to see how your heart performs under exertion. If you can't do the treadmill, they will give you medication that simulates the same. If no issues show, you're good to go.

Now, in my case I had a bordeline EKG, which turned into a treadmill stress test, which still showed something and that turned into an Echocardiogram, which show no fixed defects, but some other small issues, so that turned into a Nuclear Stress Test, which in turned showed some small issue, which then led to a Heart Cath which turned into absolutely perfect and healthty heart and my cardiac clearance. The doctor that performed the Heart Cath said she suspected that it was a false positive even before doing the test because I had no symptoms and no family history of heart disease, in addition women that are large breasted tend to show as false positives on most heart tests.

You'll be fine. Don't worry. It is rare that something is wrong. I bet you pass with flying colors.
    I had to do a stress test at my visit to the Cardiologist. They just want to make sure you're a good candidate for surgery with no problems
    Nope, no sleep apnea.
    Do you have sleep apnea? I had to go to my cardiologist and they did a stress test so maybe that's why I didn't have to do it. And yes, I do have sleep apnea, but I had a current test with my readings on it. I think you will do just fine. Before long you'll be getting a date. Woohoo! Enjoy your weekend!
    Good luck 2 u with ur stem to stern visit!
    bgedang, thanks for the warning! LOL I couldn't imagine what I would have to do for that. Thanks for letting me know!
    When they did my pulminary testing, they put me on a treadmill, plugged my nose.. hooked me up with to a bunch of heart electrodes and put an oxygen thingy in my mouth and made me walk for 12 minutes to see if my heart and lungs could handle stress.
    So great to have a group to connect with! I use this site for that but it's not the same as in person connections.

Congratulations on your progress. You will be sleeved soon!
    ThisIs4Me, I definitely did not get offended at all. I actually told hubby about everything today since I had my psych eval and my gastro tomorrow, I felt I better let him know why I'm in and out of the house! He was very supportive--but I'm sure the questions will be coming!
    That's great that ur meeting like minded ppl that u can talk 2 and know they r goin thru the same things that u r. I wish there was support meetings closer 2 me, closest one is 60 miles each way, needless 2 say I don't think ill b goin 2 them very often lol Good luck and have fun with ur group
    Quote Originally Posted by kenson
    Thank you all so much for your comments!
    Kim, I figure I'm in everyone else's business, they can be in mine for a change! LOL
    Ranisha, I live in Roselle!
    Thisis4Me, my hubby is not a blood and guts guy. He will not want to hear anything about surgery. I think that he will support the effort, but he's not going to want to hear anything about surgery. I am going to tell him that I am having a "procedure." I definitely plan on telling him, but its too early for him to go into histronics. That's why I figure that I will wait until it gets closer to my surgery date. He will be supportive, but I don't think he needs to know the particulars right now.
    Mem, that's a great idea!
    I def understand abt not bein a blood n guts guy! I didn't mean 2 offend u, its just that ur gonna b goin thru a lot and need help. Like I said those were just my thoughts, u know ur hubby best and what he can handle or not. Good luck 2 u and plz keep us posted
    Thank you all so much for your comments!
    Kim, I figure I'm in everyone else's business, they can be in mine for a change! LOL
    Ranisha, I live in Roselle!
    Thisis4Me, my hubby is not a blood and guts guy. He will not want to hear anything about surgery. I think that he will support the effort, but he's not going to want to hear anything about surgery. I am going to tell him that I am having a "procedure." I definitely plan on telling him, but its too early for him to go into histronics. That's why I figure that I will wait until it gets closer to my surgery date. He will be supportive, but I don't think he needs to know the particulars right now.
    Mem, that's a great idea!
    Take before pictures and set aside one outfit for comparison 6 months post. You will be amazed. Good Luck with your journey. God Bless...mem
    When u said u have not REALLY told ur husband abt the surgery, does he know ur havin it? If he does hasn't he asked any questions abt it? I think u should talk 2 him abt it.

Im not tryin 2 b a Debbie Downer but hes ur hubby and he needs 2 know what ur gonna go thru. Besides that, ur gonna need his help after ur surgery...just my thoughts.

I think making a journal is a great idea! Good luck 2 u
    Hello I Live in nj also where are u In nj I'm in vineland nj
    Great idea to chronicle it all! LOL about being 5'4! Whatever works! With the holidays and all your appointments, January 13th will be here before you know it!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678