Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Congrats! You have done great!
    Thanks for all the support you've given me too Kenson! So happy about your success. We're all winners!
    congratulations to you. You look marvelous, that big smile on your face tells me so.
    thanks so much for sharing! very inspiring! awesome job!
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockscott40
    Outstanding!!!!!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    kenson, you have so much to celebrate! You look like a new person, and I can only imagine how you feel emotionally about the change. You've been so diligent and it shows! A role model for sure Continued Success!!
    jerzey, you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for your kind words!
    Quote Originally Posted by medmom
    Great post. So glad you have been successful. My journey starts on 01/30. I, too, have thoughts that it will not work for me because lap band did not, but I am determined to keep a positive attitude. My story is very similar to yours in that I do not participate in life the way that I would like to. I only have a few more years left until my children are off to college and I don't want to waste anymore valuable time (with tears running down my face).

Congratulations to you again.
    Medmom, you can do it. You are motivated, and that's the best incentive there is. I have been there with the tears of unhappiness. This time next year, I will be cheering with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Poppa
    Congratulations.

This was a very inspiring post.

Tell us the truth, the before picture was taken as a reflection from one of those funhouse mirrors, right? You look like 2 different people. Great job.
    LOL, I wish I could lie, but nope, that was definitely me!
    kenson, you have so much to celebrate! You look like a new person, and I can only imagine how you feel emotionally about the change. You've been so diligent and it shows! A role model for sure Continued Success!!
    Outstanding!!!!!
    Congratulations.

This was a very inspiring post.

Tell us the truth, the before picture was taken as a reflection from one of those funhouse mirrors, right? You look like 2 different people. Great job.
    Great post. So glad you have been successful. My journey starts on 01/30. I, too, have thoughts that it will not work for me because lap band did not, but I am determined to keep a positive attitude. My story is very similar to yours in that I do not participate in life the way that I would like to. I only have a few more years left until my children are off to college and I don't want to waste anymore valuable time (with tears running down my face).

Congratulations to you again.
    Glad you're doing well! Although I've surpassed my original goal, your testament will help me to get to my new one. Thank you for sharing! You look awesome!
    Thank you all! This site continues to be where I come for inspiration and support. If I offer that to others, I am equally blessed!
    Your doing so awesome keep up the good work. You inspire us all!!
    You gave me such great advice when I was starting out- Congratulations on your amazing success- you deserve it all!
    Kenson, love the testimony. Thank you. I also read your daily menus on that "What's on Your Menu" thread all the time. I love that thread.
    Kenson, your happiness radiates in your new pic and the smile on your lovely face You've been a wonderful addition to this site, and continued success!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Go Kenson! Amazing work! Too bad we all live so far apart, I'd love to meet you someday, I really appreciate all your support.
    That would be wonderful! You were such an inspiration to me during my journey!
    Good advice, And way to go with ur journey...
    Great job Kenson! You're looking fab!
    Congratulations! All that hard work has paid off! You are doing fantastic!!!! I'm glad you stuck around!!!
    Go Kenson! Amazing work! Too bad we all live so far apart, I'd love to meet you someday, I really appreciate all your support.
    Preach!
    Congratulations!!! I was thinking about you today and came online just to see how you were doing - my Sleeve Sister!

It sounds like the plan is working for you and your Nut is giving you great advice.

I finally hit the 1's... can't believe it! I don't remember being under 200 since I was a teenager. Then I hit the goal of not being the biggest of my siblings (there are 6 of us)... I'm now #2 and working on getting below #3... hehehe!

I'm definitely not counting calories, but I do try to get 60-80 grams of protein a day. To help with that, I'm still doing my protein shake every morning while driving to work. It's my routine and it works for me. We went on vacation a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't worry about anything, just ate a little bit of everything. I was hoping to maintain, but to my surprise, I lost 3 pounds! I'm pretty sure is was all the WALKING and HIKING!

Kenson, I'm go proud of your success and just want you to know that I think of you often, I'm just awful about getting on the computer!

Hugs,
    Monique
    Counting or not counting calories is a personal preference thing. Different people find different things work for them. As long as your method ends up with you eating a balanced diet that is nutritious and has sufficient protein, then it doesn't really matter how you go about it. Some people can get there better with a rigid process of counting everything and some do better making sure every meal has a protein which is eaten first then veggies then grains. Or some other methodology that achieves like results. Whatever works best for you as long as it results in a healthy diet.
    Congratulations Lady!!! Very proud of you! We doing it- ain't we! (excuse the poor language-lol)

I have learned- do what works for you...and obviously what you are doing is working for you!

Keep on losing girlie!!!
    Congratulations. You are doing so well. When I read these updates it truly uplifts and motivates me.
    Quote Originally Posted by julesdeck
    That is wonderful! Congratulations! You are doing so awesome. I don't think there is a right or a wrong as far as knowing what your eating, tracking things or not, etc. I question it myself every day. I don't want to be on a diet, but need to be mindful because I fear that I'll fall "off the wagon" even though there isn't a wagon anymore. Obviously whatever you are doing is working for you. I hope I'm just as successful.
    Jules, I always get concerned when I read that people know exactly how many calories and protein that they are ingesting everyday. I'm thinking to myself "should I be doing the same thing?" My NUT says "nope!" It just goes to show how every surgeon's guidelines are different.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast