Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kenson

1. Me and Sleevie!

Hi All,

I'm just sitting here thinking of all the NSV's that have been going on since me and "Sleevie" have been together. Nevermind the numbers on the scale--they are important, but the NSV's, those life victories are more important. This past weekend alone, I went to a christening luncheon, the end of the school year party and met friends after work for drinks. Five months ago, I probably would have made excuses to not go to any of those events. Sleevie has allowed ...
  2. Me and Eating Out--No Bueno!

Hubby wanted to take me out to dinner yesterday for Mother's Day. Hmmm, I'm not a mother, except to a four-legged canine named Morgan, maybe that was to be the first sign of trouble. Anywho, we went to TGIFriday's. The menu looked beautiful! So many dishes, so much color, so many drinks to choose from!I ordered the ribs--half rack, there were four ribs, coleslaw and a boatload of fries. After two ribs, and a few fries, I gave the slaw and the rest of the fries to hubby. Ate the other ...
  3. Look What I Got!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	18418

Just came from my 3 mo. post op appointment. This is an keychain for losing 10% of my starting weight. My surgeon said that I am a bariatric success story! I am officially down 40 pounds! Woot woot! My surgeon said I am right where I should be and he was just so happy for me. Love my surgeon!!! Met with the NUT who told me to just keep doing what I've been doing. She told me that I could still do one protein shake a day. All in all, I'm a happy ...
  4. Three Months--I've learned a few things!

Well today, 91 days post op I have made it to Onederland! woot woot! My next surgeon appt. is on the 21st. Really not to much to report. I have been going to the gym at least three days a week and it really makes me feel good. The NSV's have been that people are definitely noticing! My clothes fit better, and I really need to start thinking about buying some new pieces. A couple more months and school will be over, so I'm trying to hold off.

A piece of advice to the new sleevers: ...
  5. 32 Pounds Down--I'll take it!

Just returned from my 7 week post op visit. I am down 28 pounds, 32 altogether, including the pre-op. Doctor was very happy, and so am I. I was advanced to the last stage, and pretty much have no more restrictions. My NUT did tell me to give bread, rice, and pasta another two weeks. I am so happy that I can have salad!!!

Hubby and I went out Saturday for dinner. It looked like I didn't eat at all, but I did--BangBang shrimp! yummy. I also had a pomegranate martini, but only ...
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast