Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MarcellaJean88

1. I get by with a little help from my friends

You tend to find support in the strangest places. When i signed up for this website a month or so before my surgery, I was CONVINCED it would be the only place that I would have the kind of support where people understood what I was going through.

Sure, I have family and friends who have weight issues, and some that have even had their own surgeries.. but I'm the kind of person who doesnt like to feel like I am being judged because they see me every day. I see the struggle I go through
  2. You Tube... I Tube.

I keep forgetting to post this! I have been making YouTube videos as I go along my journey. I watched other peoples videos practically non stop leading up to my surgery.. and I still check in from time to time to try and see if I am on the right track, or if someone else is struggling with things like I am. Its been a great tool for me to use so I figured I would pay it forward!

PreOp Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROXGYU51FDg

Two Days Post Op
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMYf-SnfR6Y ...
  3. Thirty, Flirty and Thriving

I dont think I have ever been so happy to do math in my life until I became acquainted with WLS. I lost 17 pounds in my first three weeks. I was estatic.. four weeks later I was still only at a 17 pound weight loss. I was freaking.

I had read all about the dreaded three week stall, but I figured I would be one of the people it would be nice to.. why? because I'm delusional.

Two weeks ago today it finally broke and was down another 13 lbs.

13+17= 30!
  4. Day 2 Post Op!!

Well I couldn't be any more surprised than I am on how I am feeling...
    I had a funny experience with mt nurse. When asking me all the routine questions she asked if I've been sick and I said no, I've just had the sniffles... She stared at me with a weird look on her face and said what? So I repeated myself and told her it was just allergies (thinking if they thought I was really sick they would postpone) she started laughing and laughing and saud "oh thank god, I thought ...
  5. Pre Opp///Night Before Surgery.

Well the time has come for my surgery. I am beyond ready.

Ive been overweight my whole life, and I want to get this shiz handled. I am fortunate enough to not have any additional health problems, but unless something changes, its just over the horizon. I have a family history of obesity and diabetes, so I am a ticking time bomb.

Surprisingly I am not nervous. yet. I'm kind of an odd duck when it comes to worrying. I inherited my grandmother's knack for worrying and ...