Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jactkb

1. Update

I've been AWOL for a bit from this site. Some days go really well some days I struggle.

The Struggles:
    1. Resisting the temptation to weigh every day. I've not weighed for 3 days now, but I have to actively talk myself out of weighing each morning. I'm considering storing the scale in the trunk of the car, which would make it a hassle to get it and weigh.

2. Eating slow enough. I have always been a slow eater, and slowed down more with my lap band so I thought ...
  2. Fatigue - It's normal but sucks

I will be 5 weeks out tomorrow (1-14-14). I went back to work last week and was absolutely exhausted all week. I was hoping this week would be different but it doesn't seem to be.
    There are a ton of normal reasons why. I'm posting this not so much to whine, but to remind myself of the why's and to give information to anyone else feeling like I am.

• Surgery/anesthesia can take up to 6-8 weeks to work it's way out of it's body.
    • Fewer calories being consumed
    • Toxins
    Tags: fatigue Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  3. Triumph over the scale!

Last Thursday I asked my hubby to hide the scale from me. His answer...No. His reason...scales are everywhere(drs, gym, work) and it is something I need to learn to not weigh myself every day. It shocked me at first, but then I got to thinking about it and he's right. I'm the one in control of my behavior and my choices and my reactions. The scale is a minor part of what I'm doing. I want to be healthy and have "normal" thoughts and behavior about food and weight.

Tags: scale Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  4. Post-op 2 Weeks

It has been 2 weeks since my surgery. I am feeling great. I did overdo it a bit yesterday and my stomach is tender and achy today, but not painful.

I made it through my 2 weeks of full liquids and I am ready to start pureed today. The first week was sooooo hard to drink anything even a little bit thick that I never thought I would be ready for pureed by the end of week 2. But I am drinking great now. Can even drink larger amounts in one swallow which has really helped in getting ...
  5. Post-op Appt - 1 week

I had my 1 week post-op appt today. I have lost 5 lbs since surgery. I know a lot of people lose more but I have always been a slow loser so I'm happy with it. Got an additional med for my acid reflux as it has really been bothering me. Surgeon said my incisions are healing well. My next appt is for my 6 week post-op unless my acid reflux doesn't get better.

I've been having problems with everything tasting meh, or downright awful. Plus any liquids that are too think make me ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast