Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

greenmomma

1. 26 Months out

Thought I'd drop a note for those that are behind me. I'm 26 months out and 110 pounds down. I'd have to say that the majority of my weight loss came within the first year and the second year has been maintaining. I will say that although there have been a few bumps in the road ( a diverticulitis attack ten days after surgery, a three level acdf surgery a year and a half out and diagnosed with bradycardia shortly thereafter) it has actually been relatively easy, I pretty much eat what I want ...
  2. Momma's in the House - 19 months post surgery

Just dropping a quick check in for those who know me and are still around.

I'm 19 months post surgery and doing very well with some minor bumps in the road recently. Yet to be determined if one of them is sleeve related.

If you read my previous blogs you'll know I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis after waking up with a stiff neck out of the blue one morning in January. That led to a three level acdf surgery which I had in March. (basically they slit the front of my ...

Updated 05-15-2015 at 02:13 PM by greenmomma (tried to add a picture)

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	24379  
  3. A little bit of this, and a little bit of that - 18 months out

Just thought I'd drop a note, as much for me as for you. Some thoughts about being sleeved, a year and a half out.

I still have very good restriction. I have rarely ever "over eaten" my sleeve. I still stick with protein first and some veggies. Rarely eat "white" carbs (bread, pasta, rice, crackers, chips) although won't say never. A few bites here and there with no issue. Having said that, my favorite go to lunch is six triscuits with deli ham, turkey or tuna. ...
  4. Scale Victory!

Today it happened! I am overweight. No longer obese, morbidly or otherwise. I've gone from a BMI of 46.9 to a BMI of 29.4. Yeah Me!
  5. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Just a quick update. The ugly is, I went to the neurosurgeon yesterday and I absolutely, 100%, no question about it, no other option, have to have surgery on my neck. I have something called spinal stenosis and it is compressing my spinal cord. It is caused by aging and nothing else. The bad is, well, I guess that's the bad too, When I asked the surgeon if he had any good news for me, he said "you're not paralyzed yet." Oy. But there are two goods to counter balance. One is, the ...
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast