Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Wow I'm glad I came across your blog today! I relate to the dating scene and I wish you luck and success in finding a great match! But I also appreciate your previous blogs which provide good common sense advice! Congratulations on your success!
    thank you for your post. I was scheduled to have the sleeve december 2013 but I got blood clot in lung 3 weeks prior to surgery. So I was told I have to be on blood thinner for 6 months and then I could see about the surgery. I was so scared about being on blood thinner and what happen that I decided not to have it done. Within the last month I talk to my blood doctor and he supports me having it done. And so he has sent a letter to my doctor and I am waiting for a surgery date. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I am now 315 pounds. They say that they will bridge me over with the blood thinner but I am still so very scared about having a blood clot. Your story reminds me that this is what I want. I have not been able to go on amusement rides sense I got over 300 pounds 9 years ago.
    Well said and Amen!
    Great message. I would add exercise - it's inconvenient, sometimes hard to schedule, sometimes boring. There are a hundred reasons not to do it. But if I don't want my metabolism to just adjust to the lower calories and the weight loss to stop, then I have to do it anyway! Every Day!
    She said several of the things I have wanted to say!! RIP Leilani!
    Two snaps and a twist! Amen
    Thank you!! Wonderful advice that I needed to hear!!
    Thank you so much for posting. I am almost 5 weeks post op and am trying to keep my mental attitude strong. I am figuring things out, slowly and it is getting easier. I have never been much of a cook, so this will be a struggle for me - I don't really care for it, but will have to as I move forward on this new journey. I loved hearing what you had to say - you spoke directly to me and I still need that at this stage of my new life!
    A great post With the number of ppl having surgery, you could retire and become an international writer. A cook book with Aussie measures and alternative ingredients would be definetly a bestseller.
    Just what so many people need to hear! Good job!
    Loved reading this. Thank you!
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

I have been hoping to get a chef's view/experience. Let's face it - who loves food more than a chef and if YOU can find ways to beat this monster addiction when you are constantly tempted by it in a work environment, WE can too. NOW...time to write a cookbook for us
    I love your post and was hoping you might share some recipes. I have a goal to cut out processed foods , after going through what we have we owe it to ourselves to treat our bodies as a temple. Nothing goes into it that is not fuel!!!
    would love to see some easy recipes
    s
    Thank you for your honest words. I am only 16 days sleeved and I too have read the things that people eat. I can't condemn them because I am newly sleeved but I hope that I am able to still make the wise choices when I am 6 months, a year, or 10 years out.

I truly want to be a success story in this. I have so many people watching me that have considered having the procedure and have not had it for one reason or another. For this very reason, I hope I can stay on track. I like to practice what I preach and walk the talk and talk the walk. Some may be offended by your post but for me, it was inspiring.
    You have not offended me! I have surgery in 8 days. I've done a lot of research, attended tons of nutritional meetings. This is serious business. I agree 100% with everything you have said. I read a lot and have learned a lot. Don't believe everything you read. Use common since. I tend to take advise from those who have been successful. You have been very successful! I thank you for your very inspirational post. I wish you much continued success. Now, if I have offended anyone it was not my intent. Thanks again!
    Great article, thanks for reposting!
    Thank you so much for your wonderful sharing - very encouraging I must say! Well done to you,
    Congrats, sounds like ur doin wonderfully
    You look fantastic! I'm down 23. We have the same surgery date.! I have to post a pic. of myself!
    You sound fabulous! So happy to hear it!
    Congrats on your journey and weight loss!!!