Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Thank you for sharing this. Powerful!
    I think it is wonderful. The link to her other pictures have more pictures and entries on her blog. I just enjoyed it a lot
    Love this!
    Thanks for sharing that.
    Beautiful, thanks for sharing.
    Thank you. It won't be long at all. I think I have everything worked out.
    except being so antsy to have it moving along.
    I will let you know if there are any new changes.
    Today I purged my closet . Donating 4 large boxes of clothes that I can not wear anymore. Making room for the new ones

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Very best to you, Ms. Jupiter. Your plastics will come to pass. These scheduling hiccups are part of real life, which doesn't stop after WLS or reaching our weight loss goals. As the saying goes, this journey never ends.
    Very best to you, Ms. Jupiter. Your plastics will come to pass. These scheduling hiccups are part of real life, which doesn't stop after WLS or reaching our weight loss goals. As the saying goes, this journey never ends.
    I am real excited. It won't be long. It is just a bit of a hassle moving everything twice.
    It will happen tho. It might not be exactly how I planned it, but I have a great support system there for me doing what they can to help that first week or so.
    Thank you . I will keep posting too.

so cool!! thanks for your post (about your friend i mean..) but sounds like you are just on the same path..last time it got cancelled and now you are doing this..and you have to go thru it all again..but think how much you will love it when it happens!
    Thanks guys.
    I will be sure to share my experience with the body lift. The countdown is on.
    The BBQ was hard! Everything was everything I can not have or do not eat.
    Crazy how I never noticed such unhealthy foods like I did yesterday.
    I am not at all complaining here, just stating the facts, there was so much fatty foods I was so shocked. No healthy choices really.

The main foods were fatty burgers with cheese, Costco sausage dogs, or bratwurst.
    I was surprised there was not grilled chicken or any other type of white meat.
    Not a green salad in sight. 7 different kinds of chips and 9 different desserts, 5 different kinds of pasta and potato salads, cornbread, and rolls.. I am a mom I notice everything. I was just shocked.
    I had asked if there was anything I could bring a few days ago, but I was told it was all covered.
    I did as well as I could. I found a tray of veggies and picked apart a hamburger patty.
    I think my sister might have told everyone I am private about my weight loss and don't like being the center of attention.
    I was so thankful! A lot of them told me how nice I look and what a great job I have done, but left it at that.
    Not one person asked any of the dreaded questions that almost stopped me from going in the first place. I am glad I went. It was nice to see everyone.
    It also also nice not to have to worry about how far I would have to walk from where I had to park, or claim a chair I would not have to worry about fitting in or breaking, and the other stuff that my weight made normal daily things hard for me.
    All those things I do not miss.
    The truth is the truth and will encourage many others, setting them free also. Why keep it secret? Be their encouragement, light and hope, we could not have done this without the sleeve, why deny it to others?

Wonderful day for you, bask in the attention and set those who need it on the right path, sharing your testimony.
    First, a huge congratulations and a bow-down for all you have accomplished. Second, I think I do understand your anxiety at the Big Reveal you're about to do at the family reunion. That's a LOT of attention on you -- even if you were an exhibitionist, and it's clear that you are not that. Finally, very best wishes to you on your upcoming plastic surgery. I hope you'll let us know how that goes for you. You've just done incredibly well to lose so much weight and to use your sleeve tool and obviously a lot of other tools so very well to achieve this goal. You are very impressive.
    Wow, you've lost a lot of weight. That's fantastic. Good luck on your surgery and let us know all. Post pics.
    WOW!!! You are awesome. Thanks so much for sharing this; I needed a pick me up. Someday I hope to be posting a similar message.
    Congrats that is awesome
    How awesome! Congratulations... how many people can say they've lost that much? What an accomplishment!!

Have fun at the family reunion today. I'm sure you'll have a blast and blow everyone away with how great you look. And I personally love barbecues because there are usually all kinds meats and things likes deviled eggs and beans to choose from. Then there's no room left for the temptations.

Soooo exciting to have finally reached the point of skin surgery. This is something most of us look to as a far off goal to maybe reach someday. For you to be at that point is very cool. Just the surgery alone will probably take care of that 9 lbs and then some.

Have fun today and good luck on your surgery!! Hope you update everyone on how it all went!!
    Congrats on your weight loss! Good luck with all the tempting food and with seeing so many family members who might have comments and questions. It'll be fun.
    Thank you didishae
    I have feeling I will be on here a lot during my down time. I will keep you posted for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by didishae
    How exciting! Congratulations on how far you've come. I can't wait to hear more about your journey through your "construction". Good luck!
    How exciting! Congratulations on how far you've come. I can't wait to hear more about your journey through your "construction". Good luck!
    Thank you Ann2.
    I had heard the same thing about waiting. But I went to two different plastic surgeons for consults mainly to see what I needed to do and how long I should wait. Both of them said the same thing, with the amount of weight I have lost, and excess skin they can remove now, I would be fine to start now.

I figured they just wanted to get me in. So I talked to my surgeon that did my VGS, and my PPC. They also said I could have the procedures done now. When I asked about losing more weight before my surgery, or if I lose more after, what should I expect.
    The surgeon who is doing the procedures told me that I am so close to my goal weight that it won't make any difference. He would not preform surgeries on anyone who needed to lose more then 10 pounds. He told me by my measurements that he will be able to remove 12-18 pounds of excess.
    That will put me at my goal weight now, but I plan on losing a few more pounds in the next three months.
    After I am finished, I will probably be at the point where I will be maintaining my weight and not trying to lose more.

After I get through the LBL, I am planning on having my breasts ( or my non-breasts done,) and he might do my arms ( I hope ) at the same time. I am planning for January. After the holidays.
    Once that is done I will go back hopefully one last time for my thighs. I guess I will be under construction for awhile.
    I really wanted to do my breasts and LBL at the same time. He said normally with a TT he would do that. But with how much he has to do just on the LBL will take him 6 to 7 hours.Wow!
    He doesn't want to keep me sedated any longer than he has to.
    Plus he said the healing process would go a lot easier if I only had the one area.
    I will have my pre-op two weeks before. I will share more info after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Oh, my gosh! What a big deal -- reaching your goal and getting plastics.

Out of curiosity though -- our local plastics guy says we're supposed to wait at least a year (maintaining our weight during that time) before having plastics. What do your plastics folks say about that?
    Thank you Lee6Lee. I am getting very excited. I am planning on not getting a lot of sleep at first. In our house, we do not own a TV. We just do not watch anything. I will be staying with a close friend for a couple weeks and they have a downstairs they use a lot for out of town family and friends. It is like an apartment. There is a big screen down there, and they are already telling my what shows I need to watch, like Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and some others that I never watched. I will probably turn into a couch potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee6Lee
    I haven't had much experience with plastic surgery, other than a tummy tuck several years ago. They take good care of your pain. The hardest part is being able to sleep at night for a while. But it passes.
    Congratulations on all that weight loss!
    Oh, my gosh! What a big deal -- reaching your goal and getting plastics.

Out of curiosity though -- our local plastics guy says we're supposed to wait at least a year (maintaining our weight during that time) before having plastics. What do your plastics folks say about that?
    I haven't had much experience with plastic surgery, other than a tummy tuck several years ago. They take good care of your pain. The hardest part is being able to sleep at night for a while. But it passes.
    Congratulations on all that weight loss!
    You are amazing!!!!

You are a heroine!!!

You should be your own Valentine!!!
    Congrats! Thank you for sharing your story.
    WOW!! fantastic achievement! Well done! xxx
    So happy for you! Congratulations.
    Congratulations to you, Ms. Jupiter, and may continued success be in your future!!
    Thank you.
    Good advice!
    congrats on your weight loss and good luck on your 9k
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast