Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Hello!
    You look wonderful! The scale is just a number. You radiate beauty! Congratulations on still maintaining after four years! Lots to be proud of!

Gege
    Welcome back Serenity. Hope you find your balance!
    Welcome back, Serenity. You can do this. I love your approach of not doing a low-cal diet, but fine-tuning your lifestyle and living your lifestyle consistently.

You CAN do this. I have complete faith in you.

BTW, I absolutely love that dress you have on in your photograph. Beautiful.
    Welcome back!
    Hi Serenity, so nice to meet someone a bit further along the path. I'm 4 weeks out :-)
    Congrats! Try to stick with eating 3 times a day.
    congrats and goodluck!!
    Ya the weeks without weightloss are a drag but part of the process ... you are doing great!
    Awesome! Keep up the good work:-)
    my nutritionist suggest eating only 3times a day and if yiu feel hunfgry drink a shake or protein bar. she doesnt suggest eatin in between b/c it can create bad eating habits
    Well done on the weight loss, keep it up,you look really pretty!!
    Thank you for sharing your positive attitude!
    Good job!! Love your attitude. I'm a little worried of losing some of my curves too. Whatever size and weight I end up at, I'll be ok with it!! Keep it up!!
    Congrats on getting down to a size 18.....you go girl!!! Keep up the great work and I love your positive attitude. Your point about weighing every day is so true, lol.

I'm 4 weeks postop myself and trying to stay positive too. Taking each day one at a time.
    great update!!! Happy for your success!!!
    Great post Serenity - made me smile. I like your attitude. It's obvious why you are doing so well with your sleeve!

Janet
    I had a nutritionist tell me "you gave to eat to Les wright" so maybe you need to increase your calorie intake. I would cut out the Simply Naked juice and drink water, flavored with lemon juice or something. And is it sugar free rice pudding? Try an egg instead, there's little orotein in pudding.
    I switched from daily weighing to once a week and am much happier now.
    Maybe start with the scale, work at weighting once a weak. The scale will kill you. Take it one step at a time. We never know what will creep up to take over being able to eat eat eat, whatever and whatever we want. I chose to not worry about cals, fats or carbs. I followed the program as best I could and tried very hard not to obsess. I found that it worked for me. I ate when I needed, what I wanted (healthy choices) and weighed once a week. I found over time I started to forget to weigh like it did not even matter because my body and clothes were telling me that I was losing. Hope for your sake you can move through this. \you will and are doing great. Cheers
    I obsess but in a different way!
    I have become obsessed with proper meal planning for me and the fam!
    I want to get in as much nutrients as I can in a meal.
    I use myfitnesspal app to track all my food and exercise.
    I only weigh at the gym and that's another reason I go!

Try planning for the future and see where that takes you.
    Here are a couple websites for you to use so you arn't so fearful of foods. It gives you the shopping list for the week and everything!!Handy Dandy!!
    I think that this will take away some of your food anxiety!
    Let me know

Menu Plan Your Butt Off Weekly, Healthy Menu Plans
    Shopping Lists - Clean Eating - Clean Eating
    Quick and Healthy Recipes - Cooking Light
    I love everything about this!! I'm so proud of you...you sound like you are really working! I am bursting with energy as well Merry Christmas
    I've actually been a little depressed and irritable at about 4 weeks out. It's probably just hormone changed. Glad you're doing well!
    Thats awesome.I know what you mean. I havent had the surgery but my mood is up because I feel hopeful. Hopeful to rejoin society and get out and do things again.Way to go!!
    So glad that you and that sleeve are working it! Congratulations!
    What I really don't understand is how is it scientifically possible to gain weight, other than occassional water weight or like others say when you change over to solids, when if you are in my case, I would have to consume 3000 calories to maintain my weight? Theoretically, eating 500 calories less than what your body needs to maintain your weight equals weight loss. Period. Is there something going on in the body that once you get bariactric surgery, those rules no longer apply? I am just curious. I seriously doubt that the original poster is eating anywhere near what she would need to sustain weight, let alone gain, even if she is grazing all day. Sorry to hijack your thread. My first guess was to think too much sodium or your monthly maybe the trigger for weight gain.
    yes i agree, once you start what i call "real" food, or soft to hard foods then your weight loss slows down i've noticed.
    Although it's tempting to weigh yourself daily when weight if falling off...resist!
    ps -i dropped a lb and day for 14days after i lost my surgery bloating/gain and since then it's been much slower. don't hold yourself to that rate in terms of measuring your success. you'll go nuts. i weigh daily but i only record it weekly. no matter my fluctuations through the week, i only count wed a.m. weigh in. good luck.
    only speaking for myself -but early on i had a long "stall" that was really not a stall. i did an honest self evaluation and realized i was grazing all day. it was healthy stuff so i hadn't felt guilty about it but calories are calories when it comes to weight loss (there are good & bad calories from a nutritional standpoint but for weight loss purposes, calories are calories. you have to eat less than you spend metabolically and movement-wise) . as soon as i put msyelf on a strict 3 meal a day and 2 snack sched per my postop paperwork, leaving a strict 3 hours between each feeding, the scale started moving down again. i (usually) make healthy choices (greek yogurt vs a donut for example) & the sleeve takes care of portion control. and by not eating between meals i ensure that i don't exceed what i should have for daily caloric intake. *i don't count carbs or calories but i do make protein the highlight of each feeding, including snacks. the weeks im good about it (eating only when scheduled), i have good results. period. the weeks i don't i lose like half a lb or maintain. just my vote and only bc you asked. i do not think there's one formula that works for everyone but if you're taking a poll-that's my answer. no matter what , don't stress about it at this early date. it's a learning curve-esp early on. hugs-gordita
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlscoggins
    Stop weighing yourself every day...it will drive you crazy
    I have weighed myself multiple times a day for the past 30+ years. As long as you do not obsess about in an unhealthy manner there is no problem.

My personal agreement with myself is that I will only document my weight weekly.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast