Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TheNewRyan

1. 2 Years and 2 Months - Addiction - The struggle is real

Well it has been forever since I last posted. I am not sure why I decided to post again. I am working through lots of new non-weight related issues being this far out (2 years 2 months). I definitely gained some clarity on how food was what I was using in order to "be happy" or more likely to run away from problems. I am for sure an addict.

I am trying to find healthier ways to deal with emotional and stress related problems in my life, but it is tough for sure. I also wanted ...
  2. Holy cow, I did it! They took out most of my stomach!

Hey guys, I am on day 6 back from surgery and I can't believe I let someone remove 85% of my stomach.. lol.. Anyways, everything went well, I was very very very very very sore.

I know it's surgery and you are supposed to be sore, but I think I underestimated how much pain there was going to be. Even the morphine was not doing too much the first day.. although I don't want to think what it would have been like without it!

The gas pain was probably the worst of it, then second ...
  3. Pre-op diet / Head hunger

So I am on day 6 of my pre-op diet. Feels like it has been more like 20 days so far, but I checked the calendar and nope.. 6 days. The first two days where tough, I really do not like fatigue headaches. I have done diets similar to this in the past, so I expected them, I just don't like them.

What really caught me off guard is this sense of impending doom. I did not expect to already be feeling that. It is not a really big deal, just been a little more stressed the closer that I get. ...
  4. Food addiction / Complications from surgery?

Had some very inspiring advice and looking forward to moving ahead on the surgery and changing my life!

Quote Originally Posted by revewp View Post
    Ryan,

First off let me say... CONGRATS ON THE LOSS OF 20+ LBS. That is not a small fete, and I want to let you know that you are on the right path to a healthier you. I applaud you as well for doing the necessary research, and exploring both the +/- of having any wls.

Now let me state this up front so that you won't think that you are talking to