Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ladeegee

1. Month 2 - Checking in.

I can't believe it's been 2 months since my surgery! I'm still saying to myself, "I can't believe I did it."

I'm down 31 pounds, and overall I feel pretty good. I can eat whatever I want now, just not as much as I used to. And I'm very selective about what I eat now. I still find it amazing that the things I used to eat in one sitting take DAYS to eat now. For example, it took me 3 days to eat 3 chicken fingers and garlic mashed potatoes.

I think my ...
  2. 1 Month Anniversary!

I can’t believe one month ago today, I was sleeved! Even though I have a few issues, overall I feel great. I’m down 24 pounds (I was down 26 but I gained 2 last week when I started soft foods), I can eat almost anything, which is probably how I gained the 2 pounds, and I’m down from size 24 to size 20. I can actually see that my face looks smaller now. I also notice that I have much more energy. All these differences in one month! That would have never happened if I didn’t have this surgery. ...
  3. I Kind of Cheated.

I am now almost 3 weeks post-op and about 4 days away from started my pureed diet. And what do I do? I make turkey meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes for dinner. I had a sliver of the meatloaf, chewed it up real good. No problem. I had about 2 or 3 spoonfuls of the potatoes. It went down well too. Now I'm stuffed! Has anyone else eaten food a few days before they were supposed to? Will this negatively affect my sleeve? I sure hope not.
  4. Week 2 Post-op

Let me start by saying I AM SO SICK OF THIS LIQUID DIET! I WANT SOME FOOD!

Ok I got that off my chest. I have one more week before I get the the pureed stage (Aug. 31st). I'm trying to get creative, so I do things like go to the carryout and buy wonton soup without the noodles. Or I'll order fish soup and just strain it myself. It won't go to waste, because somebody in my house will eat it.

Other than that, I'm doing pretty good. I've had couple of episodes ...
  5. Day 5 Post Op - Am I eating Right?

So far I can get in about 2 oz of fluid a hour. I'm afraid to do more because I don't want to throw up. I'm not sure if the pressure in my chest is due to fullness or gas because it's almost always there. Can anyone tell me how much fluid I should realistically be getting in, and how to reach that goal?

TMI ALERT!!!
    I've also had diarrhea since I've been home from the hospital. Not a whole lot, but enough to be concerned. I hope I'm not dehydrated. I will be seeing my ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast