Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Khartt

1. 1st road race!

Quote Originally Posted by Khartt View Post
    On Sunday I ran the first 3 mile road race I've ever done in my life. I set a goal of 45 min, a pace I could meet if I had to walk part of the race. I finished in 41.33 min, with a sprint of the last 50 yards! It was the best feeling. I wouldn't have been able to do 3 miles in an hour last year (all walking). If I can do this at 53 yo with still 40 pounds to go others can!

Remember, not all our goals are numbers on the scale.

Happy Thanksgiving
  2. Century club!

Today is a very happy day. I broke another plateau and have hit the 100 pounds lost mark - those pounds are gone forever!! I have 17 more to go to meet my doctors expectations and I have two months to lose it. I'll be working very hard to take those pounds off, but if I don't make it I still have a month before my actual 1 year anniversary.

This has been one of the best years of my life - this journey has been incredible. I expected to lose weight, that's why we have the surgery,
  3. New weight - haven't seen this since 1998

Wow - I hit a new low today, at least I haven't seen this weight since 1998. 3 more pounds and I'll be in the 1996 weight range and 8 more pounds and I'll be at my lowest since 1996. The downward trend is a bit slower, which I expected, but it is a downward trend! I am feeling fantastic, exercising every day, doing all different kinds of exercise. Running up the stairs and enjoying the cooler weather. This winter I'll try downhill skiing again, yea!!!
  4. Time for a new picture

Now that I am in Onderland I need to post a new pic - I'll get a new one taken this week.

So many new clothes! I am in a size L (12-14) shirt, Size 14 misses pants and have had to purchase new bra's, from a 42DD to a 38C - wow. I need to get several rings re-sized soon. I'm coming up on my 100 pounds lost mark - just 8 pounds to go and I'll be getting my Kindle Fire as a reward!

Life being sleeved is great!
  5. Onderland!!!!

Hey all.
    Sorry for shouting in the subject line, but I have been waiting for this day for years! I am in onderland!!! Yup, finally broke the plateau I hit the end of July. My numbers now start with a One. I can't express how good it felt to see the number on my scale this morning; I haven't been at this weight since 1998. I'm feeling fantastic and have so much energy. I've even started running, yup the girl who couldn't do one flight of stairs 9 months ago without without turning red and
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast