Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Khartt

1. Yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by Khartt View Post
    Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and I am at a weight I haven't seen since I first joined TOPS back in 2004! Holy cow! This pre-op diet has been a real boost to my confidence. I am wearing two sizes smaller and I haven't even been sleeved yet.

I am getting ready for Monday, doing my final shopping for supplies, packing my bag and re-reading my program manual and Surgical Weight Loss Cookbook for Dummies.

I don't know if I'll get to post later today or tomorrow,
  2. Day 5 of the liquid pre-op done

Phew, one more day down. Actually the liquid diet has been a lot easier to stick with than I thought it would be. I've had lots of temptations too, a surprise pizza party at work on day 1, being stuck at home without a vehicle (I live in a very rural area), then having our bowling league Christmas pot luck party on day 3. Next is a retirement party for one of our staff members this coming week, 9 days days left.
    I also went to my local support group this evening. I must say that I have
  3. 2014 is going to be a fantastic year

You know what is so great about this coming year...No new years resolutions to lose weight, no starting a new diet to feel guilty and depressed when I slip up after two, three or four weeks. Throwing up my hands and saying what the hell.

This new tool isn't the end of eating right, but I will be in a world of hurt if I over eat I've never been a grazer, but I'll keep a close watch on that possibility. I'll continue to track my food and exercise on My Fitness Pal, it is now a habit
  4. Pre-0p diet started - Happy New Year - new life!

So, I had my final pre-surgery weigh in and lost 1 pound in the month of December. Not as good as I was hoping, but I did lose over the holidays. Today after two full days on my liquid protein diet I've lost another 5 pounds (my digital scale vs doctor's old style weight slide scale). My nutritionist says I can expect a 10-15 pounds loss during the two weeks of liquid diet. As it is, today, I am the lowest I have been in more than 4 years! Come surgery day I'll be back to my 2002 weight - wow. I ...
  5. Been a while

Work life and home life have been very busy over the holidays. Lots of transition going on at work has caused lots of stress. My assistant is moving into a new position and they wanted her full time by the first of December. The front desk person was fired and those duties transferred onto the remaining support staff. December is the busiest time of the year for support staff. Grants and gifts coming and going all month. Senior staff realized with my upcoming surgery that they would not be able ...
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast