Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

teachymcteach

1. Year anniversary!

So I celebrated my year anniversary of my sleeve surgery on May 31st. I have been stuck fluctuating between 210 and 215 for the past two months. I am in the gym a MINIMUM of four nights a week. And I usually get in a 3 mile run/walk one morning of the weekend. I LOVE working out and have channeled all of my stress into the gym. I have also quit drinking since the surgery. I had to join an AA group for the support, but the program has brought such a new joy to my life. I tried three times ...
  2. Eight months out

So I have started doing some intense workouts now and have upped the number on days a week. I am trying to incorporate yoga at least once a week too. I've signed up for another 5k. I am a little scared at the amount I can eat without the intense discomfort I had before. I ate an entire piece of stuff crust pizza (yes, it was a cheat meal) with only a minute or two afterwards of extreme uncomfortableness. I also have more loose skin than I would like to but I have noticed some of it tightening ...
  3. You are what you eat

Shit day. I ate like shit last night and all day. And I feel like shit from it, mentally and physically. I had done amazingly all week, making new and different combos of protein shakes, and running all week. I even hit 232 which is awesome. I move tomorrow so I have been super busy but I am going to wake up in the morning and get right back on track.
  4. End of September. Good stuff a brewin in fall!

So, in the spirit of staying grateful for everything, I pretty much hit my second goal this morning! I started at 294, my first goal was 250, my second goal was 237. I stepped on the scale at 238.4 this morning, so I am pretty damn happy. I also had two pairs of work pants (size 16...NOT stretchy) for the last four years with hopes of fitting in them one day...one of which I wore yesterday, and one of which I will proudly strut my stuff in today. A ton of my coworkers and students ...
  5. Should I have lost more by now?

I was sleeved May 30th and I am officially down 52 pounds today. Should it be more? I know each person is different but I'm just curious. Also, I am now 46 days sober. Huge for me and I feel great. I told everyone how I've been running...it is almost nightly now, but I am soooooooo worried about the extra skin I am starting to see at the top of my thighs. I've always liked and identified with my thick thighs and hips. I'd like to keep them and just shrink my waist. lol. I put on a size 16 ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast