Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Reversing Hashimoto Disease

After years of smiling through health issues including PCOS, infertility, facial hair, extreme fatigue, water retention so bad that is create pockets in my legs, diabetes, low thyroid, metablolic syndrome, elevated liver function and high blood pressure I took a leap and researched surgery.

My insurance would not cover it, so I could only afford the sleeve. My surgeon told me because of so many of my issues are hormonal he could not tell me how quickly or how much weight I could lose, but he could assure me that I would stop taking diabetes meds and blood pressure within days of surgery. 16k is a lot of money for maybe small weight loss, BUT being off medications that have countless side affects started to outweight my desire to just move the scale. After all I want my health and not necessarily a number on a scale, althought that would be a great bonus.

Another hesitation was Hashimoto is an auto-immune disease...would that affect my recoup time when my body is constantly attacking my thyroid. Then I discovered I had gall stones and needed surgery anyone. I took it as a sign, and 6 days ago had gastric sleeve surgery along with my gall bladder removal.

Will it cure all of my health issues? Time will tell but I have been off diabetes medicine since the day before surgery and my blood pressure is already down to half a pill. Recovery has been good...no pain meds since the day I got home and used liquid tylenol. Couldnt get all protein and water down first couple of days but now up to over 50 grams per day. Water still short but up to about 35 to 40 ounces. Walking 30 min daily. i have my doctors appt Monday but I have lost 11 pounds so far.

I thank you all on this forum for sharing your experiences as it helped me prepare for my long journey.

1. Can Hashimoto Disease be Reversed?

by , 07-18-2013 at 02:36 PM (Reversing Hashimoto Disease)
    For those of you who don't know, Hashimoto disease is an auto-immune disorder where the body attacks the thyroid. It causes scar tissue and the eventual demise of your thyroid. It also causes joint pain, overall fatigue and what I like to call brain fog just to name a few and opens the door apparently for other auto-immune disorders. I also have PCOS which causes irregular periods, elevated testosterone and unattractive facial hair growth primarily on the chin and jaw line . I also have ...