Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kstarnes77

1. What is a typical weight loss at 1 month out?

I am just curious! I am 7 days post op and 10 pounds down. So happy about this! My day of surgery weight was 247 and I would imagine the weight loss will slow down after this week but out of curiosity, can anyone tell me how much they lost in the first 4 weeks? Did your weight loss slow after the first or second week? I'm looking forward to solid foods in about a week and a half, that will be a very nice and WELCOME treat!
  2. Any ideas other than shakes or protein soup post op?

Just needing a bit of variety even if it doesn't contain protein! Was anyone cleared to try like a banana blended in a smoothie for instance? Or yogurt, other smooth soups that aren't clear broth? I'm dying to know! I had my surgery on Monday so I'm 4 days out and seem to be healing well. My only real painful complaint is this really odd hunger pain that I feel, it feels exactly like deep hunger when you just know your stomach is going to growl sooooo loud in a quiet room, pew, classroom, where ...
  3. 3rd day post surgery and actually feeling good!

I now realize why many people do not post their updates on the day of or following surgery, wow it is definitely an adjustment isn't it? I will say thought that the most difficult part of this new post op journey has been finding motivation to drink the required protein.

Since Monday I was NPO and still could not even have a sip of water, I was really ready for those sips of water. I had no problem with drinking 3 ounces of water in an hour period, but I did tire very easily with ...
  4. Difficulty getting protein and gas pains after surgery

It's like this extreme hunger pain that would only feel relieved if my stomach growled. Does that make any sense at all? All in all things have gone well since Monday afternoons surgery. I did have some dry heaving and am finding the protein drinks difficult as in sort of a queasy feeling. I have been trying the chicken soup flavor protein, chocolate dream and now powerade mixed with protein powder. Any other suggestions?

How about the gas pockets? All in my chest area. I've been ...
  5. Surgery Count Down--4 days away!

I have not been blogging and today I decided that I am going to need all of the support I can get. Being so busy in the last few weeks I have not paid much attention to prepping properly, concentrating on the big changes ahead and becoming mentally prepared. I am really excited about the changes that will come with this surgery and I pray I can stay strong and positive and follow through with the plan!

I do equate food with a lot of socializing and use for some emotional comfort ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast