Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KimB103

1. PreOp Diet Starts Today

My surgery is quickly approaching so today I start living in the world of protein shakes. Though I know it was counterproductive to this journey, my family and I enjoyed some of our favorite foods this weekend. Over the past couple of weeks I have also gone to lunch with a few of my coworkers at some of our favorite spots.

Today I am ready to start this new journey and I am very enthusiastic about it. But I know one of my biggest issues is the fact that I LOVE good food. Chips ...
  2. Not sure when to start my pre-op diet

I know my doctor has said to start my pre-op diet 2 weeks before surgery or before. I know I can't do it for nearly 2 months but I am wondering if there are changes I should start making along the way. I've read that some have cut out soda. That would be an easy one for me but rather pointless because the only soda I really drink is club soda. It will be a hard thing for me to give up post-op but I see no benefit to giving it up now.

I am considering starting to limit my carbs ...
  3. 57 Days and Counting

Two months seems so far away and I'm just ready to get started on this journey. For some I know there is a much longer wait as they deal with insurances and all the hoops required in the US, so I guess I should consider myself lucky. But I'm the type that is ready to get things done once I make my final decision. But i had to consider timing with work and the kids. I know I did the best thing for me and for everyone else involved but I just want to get started!!