Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lhunter

1. TMI Warning-- What a feeling to take a bath!

Had a conference at the end of the week in Johnson City TN at the absolutely fabulous Carnegie Hotel. The room was huge and the bath luxurious! Had a soaking tub and a separate shower.

I usually take showers and now that I think about it I have done that because I have been so overweight for so long. Haven't fit into bathtubs comfortably in many, many years.

At this boutique hotel I took a good look at that bathtub and a good look at myself in the mirror. I wasn't ...
  2. Anxiously awaiting 199

I'm close to getting under 200 pounds and I'm anxiously awaiting 199!

I had a gastric sleeve surgery in August 2013 and weight loss has been slow but steady--only a couple of stalls.

I can eat most of what I want just very limited in quantity. That said I still have cookies, ice cream, potato chips--servings that are small.

To combat this I'm working on the power of choice--- I do have a choice in this situation. I know that I often eat for emotional ...
  3. Date Night-- Cocktail Dress, Fancy Restaurant, and a Jazz for Lovers Concert

I'm 59 pounds down! Somewhere between a size 16-18!

For Christmas, my wonderful husband bought me a beautiful blue cocktail dress and tickets to the Knoxville Jazz Orchestra "Jazz for Lovers" concert.

The concert was this past Thursday. I wore my beautiful blue cocktail dress -- a size 18 from Belk--and from the regular sized department!

My husband put on his best suit

We had dinner at the Cooper Cellar which is so beautiful ...
  4. Reached First Goal of 50 pound loss! 4 months out

I've reached my first goal of 50 pounds lost!

I had my surgery on Aug 14th---

So what have I been doing?

Eating healthy and also eating snacks if I want--just able to control the portions now

Exercising like crazy-- I go to the gym 4 to 5 days per week. My routine is 30 to 60 minutes on the treadmill and then working out with weight machines. I've progressed in my exercise on the treadmill, now starting at 2.8 to 3.0 miles per hour ...
  5. Tortoise and the Hare

As you can tell from the title, I'm likely the tortoise. I had gastric sleeve surgery on Aug 14th.

On my first visit with the New Life Bariatric Center in Knoxville, TN, I weighed 276. I think I weighed 266 at the time of surgery. Today I weigh 235.

There are certainly blessings from this surgery already, I've:
    • lost 41 pounds!
    • donated all of my 3X clothes!
    • stopped all blood pressure and blood sugar medicines-- all levels are now normal!
    • been on a shopping
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast