Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

The path we're all sharing

Sharing my story of Gastric Sleeve and learning from those who've walked the path ahead of me!

1. 1 year anniversary

by , 12-02-2013 at 09:44 PM (The path we're all sharing)
    It's been 1 year, and 99lbs!!! I still can't believe it! Although I really wanted to reach that 100lb milestone...99 is close enough for me!

Along this journey I've realized that food IS NOT important, it's who you're sharing it with that matters. A support group is essential to your success. I'm still trying to figure out my "style"....at 35, doesn't that sound ridiculous!

Someone recently asked me if I notice that people talk to me more, and YES ...
  2. Guidance

by , 10-22-2013 at 05:24 PM (The path we're all sharing)
    I've seen a lot of posts from members that don't seem to have any guidance of what to do post-op and I'm concerned for them, and also for the hospital. This doesn't seem to be a comprehensive program for the patients, or very informative.

Because I've not been anywhere else but Hopkins, I'm not sure what the other programs do for you. At Hopkins you receive a folder that outlines all of your post-op instructions including what to eat, and when you're allowed. Liquid, Puree, Soft ...
  3. Most Recent NSV

by , 10-22-2013 at 05:04 PM (The path we're all sharing)
    Just a simple life event that all of us are going to share....I was able to renew my license and NOT LIE about my weight!!!! WAHOO!!!!
  4. Beach Vacation

by , 08-20-2013 at 10:29 PM (The path we're all sharing)
    Just got back from our beach vacation this year and WOW what a difference! I was not self-conscious of how I looked on the beach and I didn't feel like people were looking at me or judging me. I was excited to get on that beach everyday and enjoy the ocean and sunshine with my family.

We were walking everywhere and all day long and it was GREAT! I can't wait to do it again. I wasn't complaining about heat or humidity (this was my biggest complaint about summer pre-op) Every ...
  5. Gratitude

by , 08-06-2013 at 10:34 PM (The path we're all sharing)
    Looking at my before/after photos made me realize how grateful I am for the sleeve. Really grateful for this tool to enable me to be the "me" I always thought I was.

Never in my wildest imagination would I dream that I would weigh less than 200 lbs.

Never would I have imagined that I would REALLY LOSE 84lbs!! Before this it had been IMPOSSIBLE for me to lose anymore than 10-15lbs without gaining it back.

This has really changed ME and I'm ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast