Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ji_ll_ian

1. Surgery In Two Weeks....WOW.

So yesterday I received my surgery date. I was cool with it being 4-6 weeks out, so I almost had a panic attack when they scheduled it for Aug. 29th. TWO WEEKS. AAAAH! I am freaking out. I think I am still in a little bit of shock. This whole process has gone by so quickly. My very first Kaiser class, what I call the 2 hour "Do you really want to do this" class, was June 6th. 3 classes, multiple appointments and testing, and less than 3 months later and I have lost the weight my Dr. asked ...
  2. Sigh...why am I sabotaging myself?

I need someone to come slap me in the head. I have been trying to analyze my behavior this week and I just don't know what the heck is wrong with me. I met with my surgeon July 1st. He gave me 16 lbs to lose before my psych eval and pre-op tests and 21 lbs to lose before my surgery is scheduled. I had already been doing water aerobics every night and eating well, so I just kept doing that. 15 days later, I was down 15.2 lbs. No starving, no crash dieting, just regular old exercise and good eating. ...
  3. Getting Over Myself Is Easier Than I Thought It Would Be!

So Wow... all of this time I have been too embarrassed, too self-conscious to do water aerobics. Why? Because I didn't want anyone to see me in a swim suit. It is really sad, as now that I have done it, I see that it isn't such a big deal at all. There are quite a few WLS people in my class, and nobody (well, except the one ripped lady with the knee injury) looks that great in a bathing suit. And nobody CARES what I look like, except for ME. I put off something that can improve my health for so ...