Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I told my husband last week that I wanted to go ice skating this past Saturday. He made arrangements. Then the thought of being around a bunch of kids turned me off. No ice skating for me. We will go parasailing when summer rolls back around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy
    I look forward to being able to cross my legs...sounds goofy. Can't wait
    It's not goofy at all! I think it's all the little things like crossing your legs and walking up stairs easily that all add up. Best wishes!
    I look forward to being able to cross my legs...sounds goofy. Can't wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindle
    I sit on the side of the hot tub or pool in my bikini instead of hiding under the water.
    I hop up into my saddle without having to find a log or rock to climb up on first.
    I am at the front of the pack of any hiking trip I go on instead of hacking up a lung in the back and avoiding anything longer than a mile or two. Can easily knock off 10-20 miles in a single day.
    I sit with my legs crossed all the time.
    Even 3 years later, I still stare at myself in awe every time I walk by a mirror.

Wow!! So impressive and inspiring!! I also look in the mirror in surprise sometimes. Isn't it amazing what we can do!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamma
    I want to walk the golf course! For now, I'll be happy to finish 18 holes without being exhausted!
    That is a fantastic goal! Best wishes!
    I sit on the side of the hot tub or pool in my bikini instead of hiding under the water.
    I hop up into my saddle without having to find a log or rock to climb up on first.
    I am at the front of the pack of any hiking trip I go on instead of hacking up a lung in the back and avoiding anything longer than a mile or two. Can easily knock off 10-20 miles in a single day.
    I sit with my legs crossed all the time.
    Even 3 years later, I still stare at myself in awe every time I walk by a mirror.
    I want to walk the golf course! For now, I'll be happy to finish 18 holes without being exhausted!
    Quote Originally Posted by saramichelle
    I am going to go zip lining this year. I am already in the weight range! Super excited.

Oh, I'm going to add that to my list! That sounds like fun! Enjoy!
    I am going to go zip lining this year. I am already in the weight range! Super excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by redliner
    I'm a newbie runner currently doing the couch to 5K program. I'm a year and two weeks post surgery and down 128.8 lbs as of this morning. It's been a slow start. I started running on the treadmill and was experiencing lots of hip pain. I thought I was too old (52) to start running. I was talking to my personal trainer about it and he told me not to run on the treadmill - to run on the jogging track at our gym. It seems that you are a lot less stable on the treadmill. I'm on week 4 of C to 5K, running on the track, and all is going well. Hopefully I'll be able to keep running for many years. Who would have ever thought that I would enjoy running!

Congratulations on your weight loss and running! Before surgery, I tried running on a treadmill and didn't understand how many friends said they loved to run. Once I started running outdoors I loved it!

Thanks for sharing! You're inspiring!
    I'm a newbie runner currently doing the couch to 5K program. I'm a year and two weeks post surgery and down 128.8 lbs as of this morning. It's been a slow start. I started running on the treadmill and was experiencing lots of hip pain. I thought I was too old (52) to start running. I was talking to my personal trainer about it and he told me not to run on the treadmill - to run on the jogging track at our gym. It seems that you are a lot less stable on the treadmill. I'm on week 4 of C to 5K, running on the track, and all is going well. Hopefully I'll be able to keep running for many years. Who would have ever thought that I would enjoy running!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Great story -- loved your blog post. Yeah, moving is one of life's most stressful events for good reasons. 'Cause nothing is familiar, you have to learn so many new things, your daily routine is unfamiliar, so many friends are left behind, etc. I hope you do wind up loving it there. Have spent a lot of time in that neck of the woods. Wonderful people up there.

I know you know this already, but meetups are great ways to meet new friends / runners.

Very best to you. And you look mahvelous. So well done on using your sleeve so very well.

Thanks! So far we do love it. The people are very friendly and I love the relaxed life style!

And thanks for the kind comments. The sleeve is a wonderful tool. It doesn't fix everything, but it really has made me change my life for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I started running about a year after surgery; started slow (like for short parts of my walks) and built up until I am now a runner! I'm so busy that I love that it takes less time than walking. I go before school, in the dark (streetlights), with my flashing light attached to my shirt. Love it. Not to mention after school I'm too tired to do anything. On weekends I hike to rest my legs.

I haven't done any sort of race yet. So far I just enjoy the solitude.

I'm so impressed you run in the dark! I love to run in the mornings, too. It's hard to find time later in the day. I love races for the community feeling, but unless I'm running with a friend for a long distance race or with my kids, I put my music on and hunker down.
    Great story -- loved your blog post. Yeah, moving is one of life's most stressful events for good reasons. 'Cause nothing is familiar, you have to learn so many new things, your daily routine is unfamiliar, so many friends are left behind, etc. I hope you do wind up loving it there. Have spent a lot of time in that neck of the woods. Wonderful people up there.

I know you know this already, but meetups are great ways to meet new friends / runners.

Very best to you. And you look mahvelous. So well done on using your sleeve so very well.
    I started running about a year after surgery; started slow (like for short parts of my walks) and built up until I am now a runner! I'm so busy that I love that it takes less time than walking. I go before school, in the dark (streetlights), with my flashing light attached to my shirt. Love it. Not to mention after school I'm too tired to do anything. On weekends I hike to rest my legs.

I haven't done any sort of race yet. So far I just enjoy the solitude.
    Wow, Sandra, that is a lot of moving! I love your positive attitude! I'll think of you as I shop at Trader Joe's today.
    Moving is stressful! No wonder your eating was not perfect...but that's just temporary!
    We moved so many times in the last 20 years, I stopped counting...and during the past 15 years we actually lived in four different countries. It is exhausting. And right now we are in Asia and being French native speakers, if we are fluent in English or Spanish, it's not the case with Chinese...it is a challenge sometimes...but we always make it work at the end...well sometimes we order "surprise food" in restaurants because things really get lost in translation...;-) at least can you find a Trader Joe's not too far from home?? that's the store I miss the most ...they always have delish food for the holidays..
    Thanks! It's a continuing journey, but well worth it!
    I agree with Conster you do look amazing
    Thanks so much! Best wishes to you on your adventure!
    You look amazing. What an inspiration to me.

Thank you for sharing your adventure.
    Thanks!
    congrats your pictures look amazing
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567