Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Love your Blog site!!!!! Glad you and your son were able to get in a run!!!!
    Thanks! I really appreciate the encouragement!

QUOTE=Christie13;bt199941]You've done an amazing job working on yourself both physically and mentally. I always love your honesty in your blogs. Happy surgiversary Jen![/QUOTE]
    You've done an amazing job working on yourself both physically and mentally. I always love your honesty in your blogs. Happy surgiversary Jen!
    Thanks, Sandra!

I can't imagine moving with a language barrier! You're a rockstar!

I'm looking forward to having our belongings in one place. Unpacking them is a whole other story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Moving is so annoying!!! it doesn't matter if it's far or not, it's one of the biggest pain ever.
    I'm dealing with complicated issues right now (move related and not being fluent in Chinese is for sure getting things worth) I just can't wait to be back home!

I try to think positive and visualize our family in a near future all unpacked and enjoying your new home...it does help...you could try!

For sure our journey is not simple but so worth it! plus you have been successful so it's a great example for those who start the process!

Take care!
    Moving is so annoying!!! it doesn't matter if it's far or not, it's one of the biggest pain ever.
    I'm dealing with complicated issues right now (move related and not being fluent in Chinese is for sure getting things worth) I just can't wait to be back home!

I try to think positive and visualize our family in a near future all unpacked and enjoying your new home...it does help...you could try!

For sure our journey is not simple but so worth it! plus you have been successful so it's a great example for those who start the process!

Take care!
    Thank you for your kind words! And for sharing your experiences! It really helps to hear about someone else's similar journey. I find it amazingly helpful! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    ✨Jen, congratulations on your 4-Year Sleeversary!✨

I completely feel you, and talk about ups and downs! I moved back to SoCal this past March, after only settling back in Austin for 8 or so months. Currently, I'm back in Austin for the remainder of the July and I start my graduate program mid August in SoCal.

I am no stranger to adversity, and have had, and continue to have, so many uncertainties in my life that I have learned to roll with the punches. It is not an easy lesson to learn, but I am glad I am a better person because I was willing to contemplate, learn, accept my limits, adjust and find solutions or wait things out. But it took so many years to finally find my happy place, which is not easy to stay in, but with practice and patience, I can stay there longer and thankfully, able to make good and stable choices. Once I am of that comfort zone, things can get muddled and thankfully (again) I can discern between stressors which trigger hunger and therefore eating, which has been my go to mechanism when things get tough.

Stay the course my friend! And thank you for sharing your medicine always!
    ✨Jen, congratulations on your 4-Year Sleeversary!✨

I completely feel you, and talk about ups and downs! I moved back to SoCal this past March, after only settling back in Austin for 8 or so months. Currently, I'm back in Austin for the remainder of the July and I start my graduate program mid August in SoCal.

I am no stranger to adversity, and have had, and continue to have, so many uncertainties in my life that I have learned to roll with the punches. It is not an easy lesson to learn, but I am glad I am a better person because I was willing to contemplate, learn, accept my limits, adjust and find solutions or wait things out. But it took so many years to finally find my happy place, which is not easy to stay in, but with practice and patience, I can stay there longer and thankfully, able to make good and stable choices. Once I am of that comfort zone, things can get muddled and thankfully (again) I can discern between stressors which trigger hunger and therefore eating, which has been my go to mechanism when things get tough.

Stay the course my friend! And thank you for sharing your medicine always!
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    I agree with @ghost_ryder

Keep inspiring, keep writing, keep running! <3

I plan to! Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it!
    I agree with @ghost_ryder

Keep inspiring, keep writing, keep running! <3
    Thank you JLPsch!!!! I really appreciate your support (hugs)
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    I'm so excited to RUN.... I did a couple of 1/2 marathons (walk.. jog.. walk) at 50 pounds overweight and it about crushed me. I have several friends that love to run and do races everywhere. Everyone says they want to train with me, and I even did a class/club that extended 0-6 months before the Indy 500 Mini Marathon. I just always felt like I was slowing everyone down so I quit doing it. The worst is having someone say "I will walk with you" and then at the start want to run a little bit and end up running backwards to encourage their slow, overweight friend. Sorry .... off topic! I am VERY, VERY, VERY excited to have my surgery on July 3rd and then start training again! I plan to be in BEAST MODE and seriously crush it. I have not told any of my friends. I am just really into doing this thing by myself and letting my results speak for themselves. GLOBAL RUNNING DAY 2018........WATCH OUT, HERE I COME!!!
    I love your determination and spirit! You are ready for this big change that is coming your way!

Now, everyone has their own opinion, but it sounds like you have supportive friends, so you might think about sharing your surgery with them. Now, you might not want to blog about it to the world like I did, but I found sharing my story is so helpful. My friends and family really rallied around me and supported me during the highs and lows. And they still do!

Best wishes!
    I'm so excited to RUN.... I did a couple of 1/2 marathons (walk.. jog.. walk) at 50 pounds overweight and it about crushed me. I have several friends that love to run and do races everywhere. Everyone says they want to train with me, and I even did a class/club that extended 0-6 months before the Indy 500 Mini Marathon. I just always felt like I was slowing everyone down so I quit doing it. The worst is having someone say "I will walk with you" and then at the start want to run a little bit and end up running backwards to encourage their slow, overweight friend. Sorry .... off topic! I am VERY, VERY, VERY excited to have my surgery on July 3rd and then start training again! I plan to be in BEAST MODE and seriously crush it. I have not told any of my friends. I am just really into doing this thing by myself and letting my results speak for themselves. GLOBAL RUNNING DAY 2018........WATCH OUT, HERE I COME!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mominatrix
    Way to go! I cant imagine running in any race...could be something to think about! Would definitely surprise a lot of people. You are an inspiration!!

Yes, think about it! Races are fun and full of inspiring energy. I really enjoy them! You'll be amazed about what you can do!

Thanks for your kind words!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Really good blog, Jen. Very good to hear how much you are enjoying your physical fitness and running.

And as regards pushing past our mental barriers -- interesting stuff, eh?
    Thanks, Ann! I'm still amazed how much I enjoy athletic endeavors. I wasn't athletic before surgery.

I realized very quickly after surgery that the mental aspect of weight loss is the hardest, but the one that really determines success. It's a struggle always, but well worth it!
    Way to go! I cant imagine running in any race...could be something to think about! Would definitely surprise a lot of people. You are an inspiration!!
    Really good blog, Jen. Very good to hear how much you are enjoying your physical fitness and running.

And as regards pushing past our mental barriers -- interesting stuff, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I love running too. I am easing back into it since my hips are finally feeling stronger. Great blog as always Jen! As soon as I am stronger again I will be doing races. I miss them so much!
    Glad you're easing back into running! Races are fun, aren't they? I find the energy to be infectious and the running community to be positive.

Thanks for reading my blog! Much appreciated!
    I love running too. I am easing back into it since my hips are finally feeling stronger. Great blog as always Jen! As soon as I am stronger again I will be doing races. I miss them so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I am slowly getting back into running after breaking my neck, and it feels so good. I basically have to start over because it's been 4 months. I follow my "baby step" theory; each day in my 3 mile walk I have been adding one more song to run to. Today I was up to 5 songs! (And I should get extra credit for running in Mississippi while visiting family. It is very HOT in Mississippi.)

Running kept me at goal weight for 3 years. I gained 5 pounds since my accident and not being able to exercise at all for over 2 months. Exercise is the key, and running does the trick!
    I'm so impressed! Running after breaking your neck?! Amazing! And running in Mississippi heat too! My husband is from MS and when we visit it's usually in the hottest part of the summer!

Congrats to you for your determination and hard work!
    I am slowly getting back into running after breaking my neck, and it feels so good. I basically have to start over because it's been 4 months. I follow my "baby step" theory; each day in my 3 mile walk I have been adding one more song to run to. Today I was up to 5 songs! (And I should get extra credit for running in Mississippi while visiting family. It is very HOT in Mississippi.)

Running kept me at goal weight for 3 years. I gained 5 pounds since my accident and not being able to exercise at all for over 2 months. Exercise is the key, and running does the trick!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    I love the honesty of your blog. Keep up the good work, you make it OK to be the ones trying to get better than we were yesterday.

Thank you so much for your kind words!
    I love the honesty of your blog. Keep up the good work, you make it OK to be the ones trying to get better than we were yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I do not use Instagram but I do read your blogs and love them! I love your before and after pics! Such an amazing transformation!!
    Thanks for reading my blogs! It's quite the journey for all of us, I think!
    I do not use Instagram but I do read your blogs and love them! I love your before and after pics! Such an amazing transformation!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Great job Jen!!! Your journey is so inspiring. I just started reading your blogs... very well done!!! I am still learning instagram... I mostly use it to see photos and video of the grands. I will have to learn how to better utilize the program. Keep up the great job!!! So glad to be able to witness your transformation

Thanks, especially for reading my blog! I find that sharing my journey keeps me on track and I appreciate all the support!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blinky31
    I think its so cool how our looks (face) changes besides our bodies ,you look great so looking forward to changing.
    Thanks! Looking at photos reminds me how far I've come.
    Great job Jen!!! Your journey is so inspiring. I just started reading your blogs... very well done!!! I am still learning instagram... I mostly use it to see photos and video of the grands. I will have to learn how to better utilize the program. Keep up the great job!!! So glad to be able to witness your transformation
    I think its so cool how our looks (face) changes besides our bodies ,you look great so looking forward to changing.
    OMG!! I love boot camp classes. I was in the best shape ever when I was doing boot camp in the Netherlands. I am so glad that you getting more comfortable and enjoying these new situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    LOL! I used to have cats and dogs and the dust bunnies that accumulated underneath couch and corners were dreadful!

The Get Fit Program is a 12-week program offered through the University of Texas at Austin (known as UT) Fitness Institute to the general public. It helps couch potato types get into an exercise routine that won't scare them off, but will challenge. They have a very holistic approach incorporating weight resistance training and orange/red zone (fat burning) method of circuit training, with meeting with a nutritionist. Here is more info http://sites.edb.utexas.edu/fit/get-fit/

I wish there was a similar program where I live now, for now I am working out with a trainer 2x week at the Golds Gym near me. I haven't had the nerve to attend any of the array of classes they offer, but I do utilize swimming pool when there isn't too many people and the ellipticals in their cinema room where is dark and movies are constantly playing.

They offer hot yoga and hatha yoga so I am going to try to make those, tho their schedule doesn't work too well since I am taking care of my grandson during the day tome.
    That sounds like a great program! Your gym sounds great, too. It is hard to fit classes in when you have a little one to watch. I've tried doing yoga at home with my kids, but they always want to talk while we do it. Not very relaxing for me!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast