Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

What ghost_ryder said ... dental care is also self care. But I do understand your disappointment. Turkey trots are such festive affairs -- like going to a party!

BTW, I really admire the lifestyle you've created for yourself. I do read your blog from time to time and appreciate that too, because I know how much effort it takes to blog and do it well. You do a great job of that, too!

Respect.
    Dental health is equally important and sometimes one has to give to the other. Sorry you are missing your run. You can make up for it by running two on X-mas day. LOL. Awesome that this is even an option for any of us. Keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_ryder
    Are you still Disney Fans? Doing the parks is much easier without all the weight in that heat. Me and the wife love Disney as adults without the kids. It really is magical, lol. Congrats on the anniversary. You both look amazing and healthy.

We're still Disney fans! We moved to CA a few years back and started going to Disneyland. Here's a blog I wrote about my first time to Disney since having surgery:

https://downthescale.com/2014/02/20/...-so-much-more/

I did my first half-marathon at Disneyland, too. I think that's the only one I'll do another. We don't live in CA any more so I don't know when we'll get back. I miss it! There's just something magically about Disney, even if you're an adult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Congrats. No, growing old isn't bad at all.

I never thought I would believe that, but I do.
    Are you still Disney Fans? Doing the parks is much easier without all the weight in that heat. Me and the wife love Disney as adults without the kids. It really is magical, lol. Congrats on the anniversary. You both look amazing and healthy.
    Congrats. No, growing old isn't bad at all.

Thanks, everyone! Growing old isn't bad at all is it?
    You both look very good! was thinking exactly what Christie wrote about fine wine. Funny thing is that hubby and I had a wedding anniversary a few months ago and my daughter took a photo, I compared it to my wedding photo... same thing...we look much healthier now!
    Congratulations!
    Happy anniversary!! You guys are like fine wine...better with time!! You both definitely look much healthier now! Kudos!!
    A cookie? It doesn't happen often, but if I want a cookie I sure don't feel guilty about it. I am not on a diet. Diets never worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennak89
    Yes, thanks for being real, I know my down fall is sweets, and I need to watch them....

Thanks! Being honest with myself isn't easy, but I find it gets be back on track!
    Yes, thanks for being real, I know my down fall is sweets, and I need to watch them....
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I hear you about the sweets. If I let myself...I could inhale them as well. I have also found that allowing myself something small daily helps quash those constant cravings. I like the dove dark chocolate bites. I can eat one...I suck on it so I can savor it longer and it works for me. I know with the holidays coming and being able to eat more now I will also have to focus on mindful eating as well. Thank you for the reminder Jen.

I love the idea of a small daily treat. If I try to cut something out completely, I just want it more. Thanks, Christie!
    I hear you about the sweets. If I let myself...I could inhale them as well. I have also found that allowing myself something small daily helps quash those constant cravings. I like the dove dark chocolate bites. I can eat one...I suck on it so I can savor it longer and it works for me. I know with the holidays coming and being able to eat more now I will also have to focus on mindful eating as well. Thank you for the reminder Jen.
    Jen, you're confronting some good stuff. My own third surgiversary was mid-August.

One thing I am changing up in Year Four is that I'm committing to eat 8 fruits and veggies daily this year, and I'm usually making that target. (Last year's goal was 6, and I usually hit 5.)

I'm finding that the extra V/Fs are dulling my sweet tooth. I still have some daily food treats (usually one small glass of wine and one biscotti), but nighttime cravings are much more rare. Just some food for thought for you to consider.

BTW, I have a friend who many years ago lost 100 pounds on WW and has maintained her weight loss for nearly 20 years. One of her maintenance mantras is, "I maintain easily because I focus on eating healthy foods instead of focusing on not eating unhealthy foods." It was a subtle distinction that worked well for her, and I've never forgotten it.
    Thank you, Ann! I always love to hear your advice!

I like the idea on concentrating on more fruits and veggies. I'm also trying to focus back on protein again. Back to basics!
    Quote Originally Posted by MTMiller
    Great blog! You are inspiring to me. I appreciate your honesty.
    Mary
    Thanks so much, Mary!
    Jen, you're confronting some good stuff. My own third surgiversary was mid-August.

One thing I am changing up in Year Four is that I'm committing to eat 8 fruits and veggies daily this year, and I'm usually making that target. (Last year's goal was 6, and I usually hit 5.)

I'm finding that the extra V/Fs are dulling my sweet tooth. I still have some daily food treats (usually one small glass of wine and one biscotti), but nighttime cravings are much more rare. Just some food for thought for you to consider.

BTW, I have a friend who many years ago lost 100 pounds on WW and has maintained her weight loss for nearly 20 years. One of her maintenance mantras is, "I maintain easily because I focus on eating healthy foods instead of focusing on not eating unhealthy foods." It was a subtle distinction that worked well for her, and I've never forgotten it.
    Great blog! You are inspiring to me. I appreciate your honesty.
    Mary
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Nice blog
    Thank you!!
    Nice blog
    SO TRUE!

I "dress up" when I go to yoga class -- this morning I'm wearing black leggings, a black top and a short black/cream polka dot skirt with cream/black kitten heels that have cute little leather bows on them. Of course, I won't wear the skirt / heels while doing yoga.

GREAT post. Thanks.

That is the best outfit ever!! If you did yoga in those heels I'd be really impressed.

Thanks for reading and sharing!!
    SO TRUE!

I "dress up" when I go to yoga class -- this morning I'm wearing black leggings, a black top and a short black/cream polka dot skirt with cream/black kitten heels that have cute little leather bows on them. Of course, I won't wear the skirt / heels while doing yoga.

GREAT post. Thanks.
    Beautiful words Jen! And I agree...getting dressed and taking those first steps is the recipe for success!!

Thanks so much!
    Beautiful words Jen! And I agree...getting dressed and taking those first steps is the recipe for success!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv49ers19
    I love your blog as well. Glad you could get back to running!

Thanks so much!
    I love your blog as well. Glad you could get back to running!
    Welcome back Jen!! As always, beautiful blog! I know you will get it all back together. You have so much going on and it can be overwhelming. The baby steps is your best bet. Wishing you much joy and continued success!! Hugs!

Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words and encouragement! It really helps.
    Welcome back Jen!! As always, beautiful blog! I know you will get it all back together. You have so much going on and it can be overwhelming. The baby steps is your best bet. Wishing you much joy and continued success!! Hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Love your Blog site!!!!! Glad you and your son were able to get in a run!!!!

Thank you so much! It felt really good to run!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast