Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. A Day of Firsts and it's Only Midday!

So, I'm 2 weeks and 2 days post op and am feeling really good. Actually, I can't complain really, I've felt fine for the most part since surgery. No vomitting or any other unpleasantness. Just a little pain and discomfort but nothing to write home about.

For brekky this morning I made scrambled eggs. I gave myself 1/4 cup but felt full after half of that. No dramas at all.

I also decided to give the treadmill a go. I set it on the weight loss programme which started ...
  2. Just a few little positives

Well, I'm only Day 10 post op but I like to think of the beginning of my journey as the start of my pre op diet, so I'm about 3 and a half weeks in and I already have a couple of little positive little milestones to report

- I have lost a little more than10% of my weight.
    - My work jeans are way too big. I will never wear them again!
    - A pair of jeans I bought months ago that I couldn't get over my hips now do up! (albeit creating a muffin top so I won't be wearing ...
  3. Day 1 of the rest of my life...

Well, today is the first day of my two week pre op diet. I'm doing the Optifast diet which consists of 3 shakes, 2 pieces of fruit and a bowl of green vegies a day. My amazing husband is doing the diet as well, in support of me.

It is our 2nd wedding anniversary this Sunday so we went out for our last (for a while anyways) meal last night. It was at our favorite little Italian restaurant around the corner from our place. I really enjoyed it but I am so ready for these changes to ...
  4. How very confronting!

So, I decided yesterday that it would be a good idea to get my hubby to take some before shots of me...
    Oh my goodness! I was so not prepared for that! How very confronting!

I have had issues with my weight for nearly 20 years so I've never allowed a photo to be taken of me where I wasn't strategically placed so as not to look too fat.

It's funny you know, because I'll get ready to go out and I always look in the mirror before I go to make sure I don't look ...