Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

want2bmindblowing

1. Epiphany... (light bulb going off)

So. I am 9 days into my Pre Op diet.I have survived a weekend and a holiday. I am going to do my best to put into words what I have learned over these past 9 days. I thought that the whole point of the pre op diet was to shrink your liver. But quite honestly, I think there is so much more to this. Day 1 of the diet was tough for me, not because of the change of habits, but because the shakes didn't agree with me. I am actually thankful for that, becasue it took the focus off of the change. Day 2 ...
  2. Day 2 of my Pre Op Diet.. (lets try this again)

So after going home and making some "pudding" and trying the chicken soup mix, my Nutritionist and I decided that my body is not tolerating the Optifast. So we are going to try Unjury. Luckily they have some samples of that for me to try, before I buy... I have $230 worth of Optifast that I can't return to the Dr office. So now I have to try and sell it to another patient.
  3. Day 1 of my Pre Op Diet.

So... I got my skim milk nice and cold, put it in my magic bullet with my protein powder and blended for a few seconds (the kids were still sleeping). It smelled delicious! I took one drink and I felt like I swallowed the whole thing. It was so "heavy" in my stomach. I forced the rest of it down. Now I feel so full, too full. It just keeps "repeating", I am so afraid I am going to throw it up. I am not sure how I am going to do these 4 times a day? My sister told me to try it ...
  4. Big Day, the first of many (I hope)

As I was getting settled into work this morning, I received an email from my Dr's office letting me know that my insurance company has APPROVED my surgery on July 10th. I can't express the emotions I felt as I re-read those words over and over. I haven't allowed myself to totally embrace this whole scenario because I didn't want to get my hopes up, then be let down if the insurance company declined me. So today, when I got that email, all of my built up excitement, anticipation, worry, etc. exploded ...