Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Char75

1. On the sleeved side

Surgery day, Friday August 23rd.

I arrived and the hospital at 5:30am and was taken into the OR right around 7:30am. I finally woke up around 11:00am and was in pain and had major dry heaves for several minutes. I stayed in the recovery room for several hours until a room was available. Once I got to my room, I was feeling decent. I had pain pump going and was on oxygen because my levels were low. My family came to see me and a real close friend spent time with me as well. I had some ...
  2. Only 5 more days....

My day is almost here, 5 more days....holy crap!!! This coming Friday, August 23rd I will be sleeved. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am and surgery will be around 7-7:30am. I will be in the hospital 2 nights, barring no complications. I will be off work for roughly 3 weeks. My pre-op diet has been challenging but I'm happy to report I've lost 10 lbs since August 9th. Heck, that would have taken me months to lose normally.

I've got everything I'll need for the next few weeks. ...
  3. Lifestyle Changes have begun.....

I can't believe my surgery is in 13days!!!! The changes to a new, healthier me have begun. I started my pre op diet yesterday, August 9th. I'm on a high protein/low carb for the next 2 weeks. Because my sugar intake is minimal now, my doctor did stop one of my diabetes medications all ready, which is great. I think its important to note that while the next few days are going to be HELL (giving up pasta, breads, etc)...I know this is not a diet, its a lifestyle change.

I am an emotional ...
  4. August 23rd!!

I finally got the clearance from my primary doctor and surgery is scheduled for August 23rd @ 8am....YAY!!!!!! My pre-op appointment is the 22nd @9am. I am FULL of all kinds of emotions, I can't believe its almost here, less than a month!!!

For now, I am excited and anxious for my day to come but I do know as the date approaches, I'll be a nervous wreck! I just have to focus on the positives. Rest assured, I will not let my nerves get the best of me. I am soooo happy I made this ...
  5. Update

Hello Everyone!

It has been over a month since I've made any posts, so figured I'd provide an update. Life has been hectic these past few weeks but luckily it has slowed down thankfully.

I attended my educational class and met with the dietician, so all I am waiting on is clearance from my primary doctor (blood work results). I am self pay and will have the remaining amt saved by Aug 19, so I'm looking at August 23 or 26th for surgery!

I am soooo excited ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast