Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

amazonia

1. Totally Let Down, AGAIN!

Well, after dealing with insurance changes for the last 2 years that have kept me from getting surgery, I am now at another roadblock. I just want to cry.

I completed a year with one clinic, but with new insurance I had to start at another clinic. So I completed 5 months there with my surgery schedule for this past week. Well, my insurance DROPPED weight loss surgery benefits on November 1st.

I seriously want to cry my eyes out. I have spent over a thousand dollars ...
  2. Sleep Apnea, Nutritionist Visits, and Insurance!

Ran in to a few changes in requirements for my insurance company, so instead of getting surgery in July, I am now on schedule for late October or early November.

Just have to finish the required 6 months of visits with the nutritionist, lose about 20 more pounds on my own, and then hope I am approved for surgery by October 21st!

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and was given a $4,800 Bi-Pap machine with a built in humidifier. Luckily my co-pay was only about $30 for ...
  3. Sleep Study Up Next!

Well,
    I completed my Behavioral Assessment with Dr. Keller at Weight Wise last week. He says I'm totally normal, but I disagree! LOL! I think we're ALL a little bit crazy! But he gave me the green light to proceed with surgery, but told me to watch out for the "Honeymoon Phase" of weight loss. Apparently when some people lose weight they turn in to teenagers all over again and experience a huge boost in libido. I couldn't help but laugh thinking of all these newly thin nymphomaniacs ...
  4. Behavioral Assessment and Pesky Insurance Company!

Well, finally down to my last two visits before surgery. My behavioral assessment is tomorrow followed by a support group in the evening. I'll have to dish out a whopping $225 for the evaluation because apparently I haven't met my yearly insurance deductible just yet. Oh well, it could be worse!

Still have to schedule my sleep study, but hoping to have it scheduled by tomorrow! I'm still unsure how the sleep study is paid for, I think since it is a requirement by my insurance company ...
  5. Finished another Pre-Op visit!

I finished another pre-op visit at my doctor's office (Weight Wise in Edmond, Oklahoma) and things are going well. I still have to lost 17 pounds by July when my surgery is scheduled, but I am confident I can get it done!

A lot more has been on my mind lately about my journey towards weight loss. I find myself laying in bed at night asking myself, "How did I get here?"and "Why didn't I act sooner?" I look back at pictures from my junior high and high school years ...