Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

December

1. 4 wks in and I regret this entire thing.

I never thought I'd feel this way. I wish I had a time machine and was back to being a fat person with a limited expected life span and a ridiculous number of chronic health issues. It was still more manageable than life post-surgery.

Every time I go on to the forums and read about how incredible everyone else is doing, mere hours after their surgery, it makes me want to cry. I read how people have lost 60 pounds in 60 days or lost 150 lbs and here are photos to prove it, I feel ...
  2. 14 days since surgery...

14 days. Wow, it feels like a lifetime ago, I was a fat happy-go-lucky girl who really needed help getting fitter and healthier. Now I'd give anything to go back there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really pleased I had the surgery ... I HAD to have the surgery to have any chance of a normal life. But along with my surgery, I also had my gall bladder removed. And since then, it's been hell. Serious. Complete. Painful. Hell.

With the WLS, when you've eaten enough or too fast ...
  3. 7 days since surgery.

It's been one week since surgery and the pain is just starting to be under control. Because I had the gall bladder removed at the same time, I am badly bruised and the pain on my right side has been horrendous.

Up until yesterday I had been coping well with the liquid only diet I'm on, but last night and then all day today I vomit whenever I put anything in my mouth. I'm dehydrating, I can tell.

Since the surgery, I've gained 2.8kgs (hopefully just water weight) but ...