Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

pamcat

1. Update at about 4 months out

Well, I am almost 4 months out, and have a few updates to report. First, if you are getting sleeved in Mexico, I highly recommend purchasing enough Nexium to last 6 months (at least). I recently ran out, and had to go back to using what Dr. Aceves' office gave us (Pantozol), which is not nearly as good. Subsequently, I purchased the Costco brand (Kirkland) equivalent of Prilosec, and that seems to be working fairly well, although not as good as Nexium. The price was reasonable, though.
  2. Now 22 days out and doing fine!

I am 22 days out, and am now introducing some new foods. Last night I had baked salmon, and did great with it. I also had a couple bites of boiled sweet potato (Asian type), and that was fine as well. This stage is so much better than those first 10 days! I don't think I am getting quite enough water in, so I am working on that. Also, I think I hit a stall with the weight loss, as I have been the same weight for the last several days. But my clothes fit better - yea!!!! Cannot wait to go down a ...
  3. One Day Post-Op

Hello!

I am one-day post op, and am doing pretty well. I am definitely sore, but have walked several times, and slept a lot, although it is a bit difficult to get comfortable. I am really glad I did this, though! I am looking forward to the future! So far, I think the hardest part is deciding whether or not to do the surgery. So many emotions involved. Will keep you posted. My doctor is Dr. Alberto Aceves.