Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dawnrachel

1. 5 days post-op - 11 pounds down!

While I am still on my first week post-op, the doctor said I could introduce tomato soup made with milk. I had it for dinner and it was the best meal ever. But what happened is that I didn't want my last protein drink of the day. Since my last real protein was at lunchtime I woke in the night with a funny feeling that I can only attribute to hunger pangs. I laid there for a a while trying to figure it out. Finally at 3:30 a.m. I got up and had SF jello and guess what, the funny feeling went ...
  2. YAY for me - 2 days post op

I just really have to drop a line about being post op. I kinda can't believe I did it. I was so apprehensive until I spoke with the surgeon and anesthesiologist just before the surgery. Surgery was 1.5 hours and they also worked on a haital hernia that I didn't know I had.

It took a good 18 hours for the anesthesia to wear off so I was quite groggy. Then yesterday I was working on getting the fluids and protein in but there was so much gas in me I couldn't drink much at all. ...
  3. Reinforcements Please!

As most of you,I have spent a long time deciding to do this. A few weeks ago I found this site and have been reading like crazy. I had only been thinking about how great this surgery will be for me. I decided that I also need to read and be aware of potential problems so I started focusing on those posts. Some of those posts while they tell the truth are making me think the worst. My surgery is 3 hours away in San Francisco so I leave tomorrow. Surgery on Tuesday morning. I'm starting to get ...