Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

manzerick

1. Three Year Update

I’m almost a month behind but, it has been an eventful delay.

On 10/12/16 I had the “back part” of a LBL and had a few setbacks but, am recovering perfectly now.

I saw my Dr for a 3 year checkup and, I was my lowest weight to date. A lot of it has to do with no working out(almost 2 months now, returning in 2-3 weeks), and just not eating as much. I feel the lack of activity makes me less hungry. We will see how that goes when I return to the gym. ...
  2. Did you have “The surgery?!?! I won’t look down on you if you did”

Did you have “The surgery?!?! I won’t look down on you if you did”

This was actually said to me two weeks ago at a concern, by a fella who hasn’t seen me in about 10 years. Now, he sees the facebook pictures and makes welcoming comments but, this kinda shook me. “Look down”?? Really? That’s a great way to get someone to talk, right? I mean, it’s up there with waterboarding.

<<Now the Manzerick Brain takes over.. analyzing everything WAY TOO MUCH>> ...
  3. Bumps in the road. The only thing that really matters is how you respond to them!

I need to tell you, I found this out all too late. I now TRY to understand that bumps in the road happen, and how we respond to said bumps will tell more to our prospect for success than anything else. This is a mindset of positive building against all odds, and it seems to be the only way to "raise up".

Sure, we can all work out 3-4 times a week when the times are normal, and good. What if you break a leg? What if you throw out your back? To quote a very notable and ...
  4. "The New Me" - Part one

Ahhh.. the grand thought of “A new me”. We see this in huge numbers during the New Year’s resolution period. NEW YEAR NEW ME!! Sadly, new me’s don’t happen often. Yet, once someone loses weight, they are almost forced to swear off the person they “once were”. They are asked to validate hate and negative comments towards the person they “lost and will never find again”. These things sit very funny with me.

In my life, people ask about “the new me”. They seem to believe ...
  5. Dear manzerick - Two + years out

Dear Manzerick,

Two long years have passed, and if you look around, things look as you hoped they would. You are where you wanted to be. Congrats. Don’t get comfortable, don’t give up.

You are not 100% happy where you are, you can’t be 100% happy. There is work to still do. Stay content with the progress but always want more. Stay hungry for progress. I say this because, let’s be honest, you’ve been here before, and let’s do it right this time.

Updated 01-07-2016 at 12:52 PM by manzerick (Speling)

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast