Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

calicojack42

1. 90 down, 90 to go!

Almost a month and a half past my surgery date, at 90 pounds lost, I'm half way there. I keep expecting to stall or at least slow down, but not yet. I've been keeping my carbs low to maintain ketosis, which my doctors seem to be happy with. After starting with 5 obesity related medications, I am now down to just two, and one of those will probably be gone next week. I look in the mirror now, and its hard to believe that the guy looking back at me is me.

The depression of my previous ...
  2. Never caught a fish this big

One month follow-up today left me speechless. Being an analytical person, I am obsessed with numbers, which is in great part the reason I took 3 years to come to the decision to get bariatric surgery, then another 8 or so months coming to terms with the gastric sleeve. Combine that with my penchant for internalizing everything, and one could see how I tend to spin out of control and wind up in panic attacks. So, upon advice of my therapist, I had my wife hide the scale. I still use MyFitness Pal, ...
  3. Taco and Goliath

I learned an important lesson today: in the fight of me and the taco, I just need to let the taco win. A Chipotle just opened up in my rural town, and the office decided to get together and make a big order. Being of a conservative mind, I ordered one carnitas taco with pinto beans and cheese, cause hey- protein, right? It arrived, I smelled it, and the little food demon that lives in my psyche came to life, after a long peaceful 5 week slumber. I couldn't seem to resist, took three old-me sized ...
  4. High Anxiety

I'm 4 weeks post-op as of Monday, and according to the packet that came home with me courtesy of my dietician, I'm supposed to be on soft foods. The trouble is that I can only tolerate 1-2 ounces of it in a meal, and afterward I feel too full to take in anything for a few hours. This has naturally impacted my ability to maintain a good level of protein intake as well as hydration. So, I went back to the protein shakes which I seem to be able to tolerate, and at 30g of protein keep me in the green. ...
  5. The good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow aint as bad as it seems

It's odd. Now that I am approaching the point in my recovery where I can indulge the cravings that plagued me right after surgery, I find that they are rapidly diminishing. Twenty four hours post op, I would have gladly lost every scruple that I had for a plate of sausage and peppers, yet here I am, almost 4 weeks out and that desire is gone. To be frank, a greasy link covered in even greasier peppers and onions actually kind of turns my stomach.

Don't get me wrong though, I look ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast