Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

while.im.still.young

1. Coming up on FOUR years out!

Hey y'all!!! I see a lot of new faces amongst the posts! That makes me happy!! Shout out to anyone still lingering around from the 2012-2013 time frame!

Like my title says, I'm approaching 4, yes FOUR, years post-op. Things in my life have taken a drastic turn from where they were at the beginning of my journey about 4 1/2 years ago. I never made it to my "goal weight" but I did drop 8 numbers in my pants size! Also went from a 2X top to just a plain ole L.
  2. Underhanded NSV????

Due to a few ongoing medical conditions, I was in the orthopedic doctor's office yesterday for my first visit with him. My examination was on my ankles so during the doctor's history and physical, he raised my pant legs up to my knees to test some functions.... After feeling on my legs and ankles, he said "wow, you've got some chicken legs on you." Hahaha!!!! I've definitely NEVER heard that one before. I just laughed because I know he meant no harm, but I did walk away thinking "man, ...
  3. Howdy-Doodie, Sleeve-Aroonies!!!

Let me start off by apologizing for not checking in as often as I should. Sorry!

I received several messages as well as comments from people checking up on me and I really appreciate that. I don't recognize a lot of faces on here anymore so a lot of you may not recognize mine either! If we aren't familiar, feel free to read some of my older blog posts, if you'd like. 😊😊

I looked at my last blog post and realized IT'S FROM OCTOBER! I was just shy of ...
  4. Checking in ;)

Hello my lovely sleevers and soon-to-be's

I was sleeved on August 27, 2013 - Today marks 8 weeks post-op. It's hard to believe that it's been almost 2 whole months. Time has really flown by.

I don't have much to report at this point, things are going pretty smoothly.

The basics:I'm still introducing new foods into my diet on a regular basis and I haven't had many problems yet. I've found that ground beef is the most tricky for me. I still have ...
  5. Where has the time gone?!

I was sleeved 8/27/13. Today marks 4-weeks post op! WHAAAAT?!

I'm almost 1 month out and I still feel like a total sleeve amateur. I see a lot of posts about "I'm getting ____g of protein everyday." And I'm over here lucky to be getting in some cheese and a few bites of egg throughout the day. I'm still having daily bouts of nausea. It isn't constant like it had been, but it still comes daily, nonetheless. I keep getting told that nausea is normal after the sleeve ...
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast