Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

naschroeder

1. Rough Week!

I guess I just need a moment to vent with people who understand. This past week has been more than rough. I started it with a big ole' kidney stone. Lol. Probably has a lot to do with the high protein in my diet and still struggling with fluid intake, but I'm pressing on. Mid-week, we were awakened in the middle of the night to someone "attempting" to break in to our home, but with our mean ole' miniature yorkie and the 20-gauge, it was an epic fail on his part. Then come Saturday afternoon, ...
  2. Eating More Than Usual? Hmmm...

Hey guys! I'm exactly 4 weeks post op today. I feel like I'm able to eat way more than usual without any pain, even though I am still getting 800 calories, sometimes more if I have exercised during the day. Some days, like today, I feel like I am constantly hungry and want to graze all day. I'm concerned because, until now, I was using the discomfort and sometimes pain to determine when I was full. Now that I don't feel that, I'm having a hard time determining when to stop. Has anyone else experienced ...
  3. More than a weight loss journey!!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to share a little personal victory. Most of us started this journey to do one thing....lose weight. Today, I have successfully reached my first 20 lbs; however, that is not the victory I wanted to share. Last night, after 3 days of blackberry picking with my 11-year-old daughter, she decided to make a blackberry cobbler. She was concerned because she knew I couldn't have any. I told her not to worry about it...I really didn't even want it, which I'm not sure any of my ...
  4. Eating Out!

Today, I had no choice but to eat out, as my husband and I were traveling. I had a couple ounces of grilled salmon and baby carrots (smashed up). I couldn't help but look at my husband's chicken strips and think "Man, I used to be able to eat every one of those and some. I sure do miss that." My husband, seeing that I was eyeballing his food, asked what I was thinking. I told him there was a fat girl inside me crying for his chicken strips. He gave me "the look." I told him "oh, ...
  5. Nice Soup Alternative ;o)

Some of you may have already found this little delight, but I'm just finding it and thought I would share with others. I'm on the full liquid part of my post op diet and tomorrow I start the pureed diet. While in the store checking out the soup isle, I came across Campbell's "Go" soups in a bag. These are NOT the same as the "Soup to go" in the can. They have 5-6 different flavors like Chorizo and black bean and Morrocan chicken. They have chunks of food in it, so I have been ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast