Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tina Marie

1. I'm Not Super Anymore

I am nearing the 6 month mark since having my surgery. Today, at my follow up visit with my surgeon I discovered that my BMI has dropped 10 points. I am now morbidly obese and no longer SUPER morbidly obese. I'm pretty happy about that.
  2. Better late, than never

Yesterday, a few of us from our support group did a 5k. Dave ran,Agnes and Kelly walked briskly, Nancy and I almost crawled at some points. WE ALL CROSSED THE FINISH LINE !!! WOO HOO!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finish line..jpg 
Views:	601 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	14276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5K group.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	14277
  3. Insurance game

Nine months passed from the time we first submitted my info to the insurance company until the day of surgery. Frustrating? You bet. I think that ins. co. make people wait, to see if a person is totally committed to the lifestyle change it will require. To those who really believe that the surgery is the tool they need to have a healthier life, they will not give up the fight . I attended a support group all of those months. I found out so much information, both positive and some negative. I've ...
  4. I can't have my cake...

and lose weight too. I LOVE cake. Sweets have always been my downfall. I have easily given up chips and french fries, but oh the cake. Went to a wedding shower and I did have a very small piece and it was delicious. I was helping to clean up afterwards and there was 1 cupcake left. My daughter ask if anybody wanted it ? I had to bite my tongue so I would't say" ME ! ME ! ME!". She said just to throw it away. I held that cupcake in my hand for a few seconds and then I THREW IT IN THE TRASH!!! ...
  5. Walking, walking and more walking.

The Susan G. Komen race for the cure was held in St. Louis today. It is a huge event with approx 60,000 participants doing the run or walk. My daughter has been going for about 5 years now and I have always wanted to do it also. There was no way in previous years I would even attempt to. WELL, this year I finished the 5K walk !!!!! It was kind of tough towards the end but with my daughter and some friends encouraging me I pushed myself and I did it. Although my body, especially my feet, are wore ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast