Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

brooklyn_mom

1. one year surgiversary! with picture!

It's been one amazing year!
    Getting the gastric sleeve was the best thing I ever did.
    Went from 243 (pre liquid diet- day of surgery I was 234) to 155. I am not to goal yet but I am close. I just ran my first 5K and I exercise several days a week.
    I feel great!! And I love myself!!
    I have learned alot and am still not perfect, but this gastric sleeve has been such an amazing tool to help me regain health and my life!

Here is a recent picture from our vacation ...
  2. Nsv

Thanks to everyone for their support as I have gotten back on track, and am down 4 more lbs. Finally broke my big stall!

I just have one more NSV to report. I recently got back into yoga, and I can totally bend my legs behind me and grab them with my hand. I can also do spinal twists. These were hard to do when I was heavier!!

It feels so good!

And if you are on the fence about getting active...do it! It feels so good.

Hope everyone ...
  3. when easy gets hard

Hello fellow sleevers,
    Been awhile since I posted or logged onto the site.

I was one of those who lost amazing weight in the first 7 months, but I have been stalled for the last 2 1/2 months now.

I am not at goal so this is concerning.

I am doing the 5 day pouch test right now and it is going great.

I am recommitting to the diet suggestions outlined by my surgeon and nutritionist, and cutting back on the sugars and carbs that have ...
  4. stalling and time to change it up

I have been sleeved for 7 months and had tremendous success. Lost 80 lbs and addressed many psychological issues that lead me to be overweight such as emotional eating.

But my weight lose is slowing down and stalling too much, and I think it's time to get focused and give myself a kick in the butt, start tracking food and upping my workouts.

Just looking for some encouragement.
    I am pretty active as a lifestyle thing (I ride bikes and walk for transportation) ...
  5. down 80 lbs. 6 months out-update

I am very pleased to be officially down 80 lbs since my surgery last
    May.
    I am loving the new size I am, and can't wait to reach goal. Shopping for clothes is fun again, and I feel good. I am 163 now, and in a size 8.

My hair is still falling out, but hopefully it will slow down soon.

Overall this has been an amazing tool for me! No miracle diet, no juice fast, no strict eating plan, just eating healthy and sticking to the rules.

A lot ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast