Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MiMiCeeBee

1. One year out and happy and healthy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiMiCeeBee View Post
    March 27, 2013 I has my unsuccessful and herniated band out and was sleeved. One year later I have lost 90 pounds and now weigh what I weighed over half my life ago...around 130 pounds!!! Before children. Before menopause. the only difference now is that I have loose skin and droopy boobs and butt. I'll live with it. My cholesterol and other levels are normal. I no longer have sleep apnea. No joint pain. No waking up in the middle of the night to pee. I forgot what it was like to live like this.
  2. In spite of 30 + pounds gone...I miss the joy of food

I try to focus on other things like exercise, arts and crafts, family, friends and other activities. Food is about 10th on my list. I have a daughter who is trying to start a family and i focus on that a lot. i have 2 grandsons from my other daughter who keep me busy. But there's no denying that food is a part of every day's routine. Or the lack of it. Thanks for the cooking tips. But I pretty much avoid the kitchen
  3. In spite of 30 + pounds gone...I miss the joy of food

My band/sleeve resection was done March 27 so I am out almost 7 weeks. I am below 200, my first goal. My next goal is to be overweight, not obese. Then my goal is 150. I have followed all the dietary restrictions. I have lost the weight. But I have also lost the joy of food and the pleasure of eating. Dining out can be disappointing. I immediately ask for a box and leftovers take 2 days to eat. The ghrelin is gone and so is most of my appetite. I no longer crave chocolate. I actually don't crave
  4. 5 weeks out, lost 26 pounds, can hardly eat a thing

Is this normal? I also have had a cold a week after surgery and now getting over strep. So throat was bothering me. But I still can barely eat a quarter cup at a time, total of anything. I had the band removed with it's hernia and the sleeve done at the same time. I also have NO desire for sweets. Not chocolate, not cake, not pie. Maybe a popcicle here and there, and then only half. Is this all normal? I dreaded Easter and now I am dreading Mother's Day. Will I ever eat a small plate of food again?
  5. All the different protocols - do the doctors not get the same education?

That was my diet too. I am now a month out... Hurray! Getting protein from chicken and other real food now! I'm down 25 pounds but the loss has slowed. Still can't eat more than 1/4 to 1/2 cup total in a meal. This is so much better than that annoying band with the hernia I might add. Good riddance! I am down to size 16 and XL. My goal is 150 pounds. I have 47 to go. Maybe by Thanksgiving... and I sure will be thankful! Good luck and good health everyone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast