Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lundbergmn

1. 10 days

I'm 10 days away from surgery. So excited!! I was reading on here last night about a lady who's surgery was postponed because she had a fatty liver. I also have a fatty liver but my blood work comes back good. My surgeon only has me doing clear liquids the day before. Wondering if I should call them and tell them or if I should do liquids the week before? Any suggestions welcome!
  2. Need to prepare

So I'm 11 days away from surgery. What should I buy to have home when I get out of the hospital as far as vitamins & protein sources? I'm a planner & I'd like to have things ready so I don't have to go the store when I come home. Thanks everybody!!!
  3. Feeling good

When I got on the scale at my surgeons office & it read 249 I wanted to cry! I haven't weighed less than 250 for over 8 years! When I got pregnant w/ my don 10yrs ago I weighed 230 so I think that will be my first post op goal. I only have to do 1 day of clear liquids the day before surgery but I've started drinking a carnation instant breakfast everyday to get in the habit of getting more protein in. Also been eating lots of bean dishes this week. Can anyone give me some examples of post op ...
  4. Feeling relieved

Met w/ my surgeon & he answered all my questions. He was impressed that I've lost 30 lbs on my own! Said I need to be off for 1 month of work. Got my instructions for the day before surgery & day of. Feeling much better!!!
  5. Feeling anxious

I have my preop meeting w/ my surgeon today & I woke up feeling really anxious. Had all the testing done yesterday. What can I expect from this visit? I wrote down some questions & concerns I have but I know I'm going to go through w/ this surgery regardless of the answers. My hubby's going w/ me & he's not totally supportive. Just need some info to put my mind at ease I think. Thanks guys!
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast