Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bejeweled

1. Not in control! AKA I'm screwing up!

Oh God, please...I'll be good, I promise. Please...just go ahead and vomit already.

This was me not five minutes ago, standing over the toilet in my master bathroom, spitting desperately into the toilet as my mouth flooded with mucus and saliva. My stomach is on strike, roiling and festering as I have had too much food (granola) and liquid (diet iced tea) all at once.

I'm trying to do this quietly...I don't want my husband to hear. He will freak out and fuss and he ...
  2. What a difference a year & 85 pounds make...

I did my semi regular weigh-in this morning and looked with happiness at the scale...85 pounds gone! Woohoo! I am at my halfway mark and such a wild time to hit it as I left on a cruise from Baltimore today.

I am sitting in the Internet cafe now typing this and reflecting on a similar cruise I took last year when I was 60lbs heavier. For Carnival Cruises out of Baltimore, you have to walk up a 4 level ascending ramp to get on the ship. I did it last year but it was a struggle - I ...
  3. Walked 3.5 miles today!

I am tired! My feet hurt and so do my legs but I walked 3.5 miles today!

Granted, it was broken up: 0.6 miles to the library and back, 0.6 miles in the middle of the annual church picnic, and finally 2 mile roundtrip to explore my city, DC, a little better. I could have done half that distance at my starting weight but not this much. I am amazed, I am stronger than I ever thought I could be!

But now I wonder - what else can I do??
  4. Challenge Accepted!

So, right now I am on vacation with my mom in Hershey, PA. Basically, if not the land of milk & honey, it is the land of chocolate - tons of it and as a decades long confirmed chocaholic (one of my former email addresses had chocaholic as part of my user name), being here just 3 months after surgery is a HUGE challenge for me.

So far, I think it has been going well. I haven't gorged myself on chocolate but haven't feel deprived either because I have had some chocolate but much ...
  5. If It's Not One Thing, It's Another! Or Who's That Strange Lady?

I am just back from my appointment with a vascular surgeon to try and determine why my left thigh goes 'numb' and feels warm/burning after I walk or stand for a long time. The first vascular surgeon I spoke with, believed that I may have had a blood clot previously which left me with DVT (deep vein thrombosis) so I underwent another ultrasound of my legs today (had a previous one before the IVC filter was installed before the sleeve) so that the second vascular surgeon could take a look.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast