Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MellieD

1. My Journey

My true self emerging,
    Yet my journey is far from over.

Just striving to stay focused -
    Obstacles will be many
    Understanding the way around them is key.
    Remembering what is important,
    Never letting myself down -
    Energizing mind, body, and soul.
    Yearning eagerly for what lies ahead.

Happy Sunday, everyone - lets make it a great day!
  2. Just Checking In

Just wanted to stop in and say hi... haven't been on the site for a while...I'm now almost 3 months out from my surgery and doing well overall and am very pleased with the results. I am 50 pounds lighter than when I walked into my first Gastri Sleeve Consult appointment last December I feel better mentally, physically, and emotionally. I know I could have never gotten to this point without the Sleeve - it gave me the jumpstart I needed..it's a great tool..once the weight starts to come off ...
  3. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I am proud to announce I have made it through my first week post gastric sleeve!! There were a couple of days that were pretty miserable, but I am feeling more like myself every day.

For those of you about to embark on this great journey, I will post my experiences for my first week.. the good, the bad, and the ugly. I will start with Post Op day 2 since that is where I left off from my previous entry.

Post Op Day 2: THE WORST and THIS WAS THE UGLY FOR SURE!! Gas ...
  4. I have enough gas to solve the energy crisis

The dawn of post op day 1:

The thing I will remember most about the first 24 hours is gas pain. Gas pain bad enough to make me want my mommy. I started walking 4 hours post op and have pretty much been walking ever since almost every hour.. I know I'm doing more laps than everyone else on the floor. Walking does help the gas pain in the moment. But its hAving a hard time plotting its escape. if i strain hard enough i can create a bubble or two.. but that is it. Damn , I sure wish ...
  5. Carpe Diem

I'm writing from my bed in pre-op!! They are getting ready to start my IV soon. I must say I am rockin the hospital gown....A true fashion statement! LOL! I am nervous ..a little.. But so looking forward to not being hungry. My mom and my husband are here...so I'm glad about that. See u on the sleeved side everyone!! Prayers and well wishes appreciated!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast