Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. An alternative to eating nuts.

Have any of you tried these? They are my new favorite snack. I mix them with my oven roasted almonds so that I am not consuming as much fat and calories but I am still getting the protein. The chickpeas taste great and I like the spice flavor and crunch.
    Roasted Fajita-Spiced Chickpeas | Natural Noshing
  2. Stomach bug and sleeve

I was slammed with a stomach bug last night. For 5 hours anything that went in came right back up. I was getting really nervous because I could not keep any water down. My husband called our surgeon and within 2 minutes he called back. He suggested ice chips and to monitor if it lasted more than 24 hours. I am so thankful for my surgeon. What a wonderful, caring person. The ice chips were a godsend. I was able to chew on those and keep them down. I have no interest in eating today but the water ...
  3. Adding to my repetiore

I went snowshoeing today! I had never tried it before but I tromped through the woods, walking up and down hills. I loved it. I was out in the fresh air. I was working out and didn't feel like it. My fitbit had me taking 6000+ steps and climbing 12 flights of stairs. Before the winter I was outside everyday walking and hiking. Since the snow fell and the below freezing temps I have been at the gym, walking on the hamster wheel. Ugh, I hate it. I am so excited about the rest of the winter. I am recruiting ...
  4. Had my first negative comment.

I have been very open about my surgery. If someone asks how I lost weight I tell them. Even people who come up to me in the grocery store because they hear me talking to my husband or a friend. I tell them, "I had gastric sleeve in July" I do not post on FB about my weight loss, however, so there are many people that don't know I had surgery.

I recently joined a weight loss group on FB that has many of my singing friends. We post daily to support each other and share thoughts ...
  5. Boy was I nervous!

My husband got his sleeve yesterday and although I had no nerves for my own surgery two months ago, sitting on the other side of the gurney was a real nail biter. Just watching him being wheeled away just made my heart skip a beat. Seeing him in recovery made me breathe easier but only for a few moments since I had to leave him in recovery for several more hours because the hospital inexplicably had no room for him. Our surgeon assured me at 10pm last night that he would be well cared for staying ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast