Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SoNotABarbie

1. An old oldie here needing your help

I have been gone from here for a few years. I've had a lot to deal with. I lost 2 sisters a year apart and then a son that tried to kill himself on Christmas eve, and then ANOTHER bout with kidney cancer in Nov of last year. And because of all this I have gained about 35pounds. I was so on my way to my goal and then my whole world went upside down. I'm trying so hard to get back on track. Ive started with the protein shakes to jump start my body.
    I knew where to come to ask for help. YOU ...
  2. Job Hunting

So after about 8 years of not working, I have been sending out job resumes and going to interviews.
    8 years ago I became disabled from a car accident where I almost broke my back. And I was VERY overweight. With a lot of medical problems.
    It has now been 3 years since I had my sleeve and down 150ish pounds. I'm able to work around more and do more things. I'm a nurse and I've kept my license up to date because I always thought one day I might be able to go back into the field I love ...
  3. I gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks NOT GOOD

My sister was in a car wreck a few weeks ago and I was traveling back and forth I live about 3 hrs away from the hospital she was in. Well during this time I would grab fast food type things like chips or coffee because I really never had time to sit down and eat a healthy meal.
    After 2 weeks in the hospital my sister passed away from her injuries. And now I'm trying to get back on track with my eating and exercising.
    I don't want to make this as an excuse for why I gained weight ...
  4. Ugh!!

I made an appointment with my Bariatric doctor for October. It's been a year since I saw him and I'm disappointed that I haven't gotten under 200 by now. Granted I've lost over 150 pounds I don't think he will approve me for skin removal surgery because I haven't lost at least 50% of my body weight. Now i'm not sure how much one needs to lose before they will consider the surgery. I just know i'm going to need the bat wings removed and those flabby thighs removed and the stomach sag.
    So ...
  5. High Protein Butterscotch Pudding

I got this recipe from this site awhile back and I thought today I would give it a go.
    IT was awesome. I just did the pudding not the rest yet. What a awesome way to get your protein in.
    I just used 1 scoop of Vanilla protein. I left off the graham crackers.
    I used IsoFuel Natural vanilla which has 25grams of protein In it.
    So give it a try. Or try your favorite sugar free instant pudding.

High Protein Pumpkin Protein Pudding

1 pkg (1 ...
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast