Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Band2Sleeve

1. Revision from Band to Sleeve...almost

Sorry it took so long to followup with everyone here. First, thanks so much for all the well wishes. It really helps knowing you're all here with similar experiences and positive encouragement.

My revision surgery was last Monday, Oct 29. Doctors weren't able to do the entire revision. Turns out, the band slipped much worse than Doctors here in U.S. led me to believe. I saw it for myself when they did the fluoroscopy. The band was halfway down my stomach. Doctors said my ...
  2. List of Upcoming Surgeries on this site

Just looked at the list featured here on this site that shows who is having surgery this next week. Thought maybe I could connect with others having surgery the same time I am and with the same doctor. No such luck. I find it curious that Dr. Ortiz isn't mentioned more often on this site and on the web in general. Makes me wonder if they have some way to control the info that gets out there about the doctors. From what I understand, at this point in his career, Dr. Ortiz has done over 14,000 ...
  3. Surgery in Two Days

Quote Originally Posted by Band2Sleeve View Post
    No turning back now. Flying into San Diego on Sunday then being driven to Tijuana. Surgery is on Monday. Will be in Tijuana until Friday, a full five days stay for this vertical sleeve surgery. Even now I still struggle with the idea of going to Mexico, but I feel I just have to push through and do this no matter what. The doctors here in the U.S. have said there is no question the lapband has to come out. Too bad prices for self pay aren't more reasonable here in the U.S. As for going to