Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Congratulations, Angel!!
    I haven’t been back on this site in several years. it’s so wonderful to see old friends are still here and I’m excited and thrilled for you and your success!!
    You are so correct when you said that you still have to be very careful after your surgery. The grehlin comes back eventually, and the restriction lessens. i can definitely eat more food at a time now.
    I have gained back about 65 of the 80 pounds I had lost. I can tell you that menopause didn’t help at all, either. My GP asked me yesterday if I was interested in possibly having revision to a gastric bypass surgery. I’m still thinking about that one. I know one of our “sleeve sisters” had that done a few years ago and is very glad she did. It’s a big decision as my insurance doesn’t pay for any of this and I’m older now. Also, if I have been a “sleeve failure”, what assurance do I have that a bypass wouldn’t be the same way. My GP told me that she was surprised that I didn’t have bypass to begin with as I would have lost more and kept it off better. ����*♀️
    Keep up the good work, and keep fighting the good fight, girlfriend!! I’m so glad you checked in and let me know how you’re doing! I’m SO proud of you!!
    Hugs!
    Julie
    How did you get the weight back off? I had my sleeve in 2014 and am currently struggling?
    Congratulations on getting your weight back under control -- although saying that makes me picture a lion tamer with a whip, lol!

I think each of our bodies are very different. Carbs are my nemesis as well - but that's because cookies come in a single serving bag (even if it weighs 2 lbs). So I prepare or buiy sweets that I'm not interested in having, and push salads.

We all find our own way when we are determined to use the tool! THanks for sharing yours.
    Congrats. I know that would not work for me but glad you found what works for you. I eat a balanced diet and wouldn't want it any other way.
    Congratulations!
    Thanks for this post AngelNP!
    And congratulations on your succes!
    Sounds like you found your way to make it happen.

One of the most important features to make this surgery a succes is really knowing yourself and your body.
    It seems to me a lot of people don't.

Eating so much fat is definitely not my thing.
    Thanks AngelINP! Love hearing tips to help maintain my weight. I'm 2 years post and go back and forth between 1-5lbs. I'll have to check out the FB page!
    Exactly. Excellent and congratulations to you!
    Congratulations, AngelNP. Sounds like you've found the way that works for YOU!

My approach is different than yours, but it works for me. I lost 100+ pounds over 18 months (I wasn't a fast loser), am 4.5 years post-op, and I've maintained my weight loss ever since losing it all (weighed 133.8 pounds this morning).

Again, it's so wonderful that you've found your path to weight maintenance. We are all so fortunate to have found (finally!) our way to good health.
    Most exercise equipment have back support this is important. Another thing to remember to have proper form when doing each movement which os vital for quicker results versus speed of how many reps you do. I watch to many people be sloppy with poor posture and rapid movements (some people like to show off, but I bet I will seeing them in my pain management practice later with chronic injuries.
    Beginners...stick to machine weigjts especially if you work out by yourself, Avoid free weights for now. With calf raises, you can stand, go on your toes, then down...whenever you are standing around like in line or exercise equipment,
    Oh I forgot to mention other crack foods are rice and pasta. LOL.
    Before surgery what types of exercises are best for the areas you've stated above?
    Thanks Bluiz77! I appreciate it! I feel great too. Another 20-30 lbs and hopefully diabetes & hypertension will be history!
    You. Look amazing!!
    How do you determine your need factor on that scale? Just wonderin'.
    I missed the prayer request, but so glad your friend is improving! The power of prayer is strong!
    That is such good news! I have been thinking about him and praying for him often. God is so good. He is lucky to have such a good friend like you.
    Thanks Letizia! Glad to see you back too!
    Oh I was not aware but glad hes Doing better
    Praying for him
    Oh wow, how terrifying!! Sending many prayers for Shawn and this entire family!!
    Will be praying for Shawn and his family.
    ohh gosh!! May God Bless him and Be with him and his family. I'll be praying for them
    Wow so much for one person to go through. You know my prayers and thought is headed that way.
    Prayers for him you were such a sweetheart when I Ask that I will pray and hopefully he can have his surgery soon
    Thank you everyone. My eyes fill with tears. I'm really nervous, but it's in God's hands. I promise I'll keep everyone posted.
    Prayers for him and his family.
    Sending healing prayers for Shawn, that he recovers better than he started. Also for the strength to rebound and have a long time yet to spend with his family
    Praying really hard for Shawn and his family. May god heal and make him healthy again.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast