Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

AngelNP

1. Update for Prayers for a Friend!

God is great! Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts for my friend, Shawn! He is off the vent and breathing on his own. Keep it going for him! Thanks again! I really appreciate it.
    Sincerly,
    Jen (AngelNP)
  2. Prayers and Positive Thoughts for a Friend

I have a high school friend, Shawn, (who actually graduated with my younger sister) who is about 400 lbs. When he was on the surgery table for a bypass, they closed him back up because there was "too much fat on his liver". He never had the surgery. I can't imagine how he must have felt.

Recently, he was admitted for pneumonia and needed to be resusciated and is currently in ICU, intubated, and on a ventlator. He is only 45 years old. He has been through hard times ...
  3. New milestone for my sister and I

My younger sister, Jannette was sleeved in August 2012, in TJ, Mexico and has lost over 70 lbs. Her scale registered moderate fat down from high body fat. What a great accomplishment. She looks and feels awesome. I'm so blessed she was the great example for me and helped me have my sleeve on December 7th. I've lost 30 lbs and feeling great too. Looking forward to the continued weight loss. I was able to keep up with MMA fighters during their cardio workout for 2 1/2 hours with exercises, ...

Updated 01-12-2013 at 09:45 PM by AngelNP

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  4. Beware of Halitosis post op!

After my surgery, I had horrendous bad breath. It is due to the ketosis from rapid weight loss. Just thought I'd warn everyone because you'll experience it. My dentist also agreed...had teeth cleaned with deep gum/root cleaning....still happens but not as bad (worst is right after surgery...I'm a 1 1/2 weeks s/p surgery.
  5. Recommended read: The Emotional First + Aid Kid (A Practical Guide to Life After Bariatric Surgery

Hi everyone,
    I'm still in the early stages of reading this book and is easy to ready and very practicial.

For those considering bariatric surgery, "the decision to have bariactric surgery (pros and cons graph)

How to Prepare yourself psychologically before surgery.
    The pre surgery psychological evaluation.
    Self Talk
    The 3 point plan
    Beginning a consistent exercise program
    Behavior modification
    Stress and comfort ...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast